Kolarov

Navas is obviously going to hugging the right wing most of the time, although he does drift infield from time to time, who says we have to mirror the left side to the right? I guess we will have a rotating presence on the right side, like last season, strikers and midfielders drift in and out from the right side, Silva, Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko Nasri, all wandered round the right side depending whatever is happening at the time, ideally Clichy would take crossing lessons from Kolarov, and vice versa the defending, but as we don't have the perfect option at the moment, Pellegrini will be trying to see what works, Nasri & Clichy?

Kolarov is wank, we really need to get rid. Zab is a better and more solid back up option at left back than kolarov. We need a centre back more than a full back even if kolarov goes IMO.

Sinclair, Nasri or Jovetic can all play left wing! We don't play with wing backs we play with full backs. Sorry buddy but even your wiki quote thing states wing backs are played with 3 cbs. If we tried 2 cbs with wing backs in the EPL we would get slaughtered the only sucessful team currently using wing backs to my knowledge is Juve but I could be wrong.

Bewar3them00n said:
Navas is obviously going to hugging the right wing most of the time, although he does drift infield from time to time, who says we have to mirror the left side to the right? I guess we will have a rotating presence on the right side, like last season, strikers and midfielders drift in and out from the right side, Silva, Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko Nasri, all wandered round the right side depending whatever is happening at the time, ideally Clichy would take crossing lessons from Kolarov, and vice versa the defending, but as we don't have the perfect option at the moment, Pellegrini will be trying to see what works, Nasri & Clichy?

i dont expect us to buy a left winger. instead nasri/silva/jovetic/aguero will play on the left, but they will cut inside like last year which means we need a wing back that provides width on the left.

-- Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:12 pm --

dachoosen1 said:
Sinclair, Nasri or Jovetic can all play left wing! We don't play with wing backs we play with full backs. Sorry buddy but even your wiki quote thing states wing backs are played with 3 cbs. If we tried 2 cbs with wing backs in the EPL we would get slaughtered the only sucessful team currently using wing backs to my knowledge is Juve but I could be wrong.

it states that wing backs are USUALLY deployed in the 3-5-2 formation. please look up the definition of the word USUALLY.

the difference between a wing back and a full back is that the latter is more defensive, whereas the former is more adventurous.

clearly we need a wing back on the left since we have no wingers there.

dachoosen1 said:
Sinclair is not good enough sitting on our bench not to mention actually play on the pitch.
He will never player more than league cup games for city

Usually means in conformity with regular practice or procedure. Try to get the manager of your school/local/pub team to play with wingbacks and only two at the back and see what they say. And Sinclair is an example of one of the players in our squad who is capable in playing left wing and to be honest I cant really judge his as he hasn't played enough for us, but it think with Navas on the right and Sinclair on the left will cause a lot of problems against teams with slow centre backs or he could be used as an impact sub against tired legs. Im not his biggest fan but think his pace is something we could use at times.

Again, ask yourselves the question :

If you wanted a left-back to provide competition for a starting spot, and one was available who has Kolarov's abilities & had done what he has over the past 3 seasons for us, would you buy him ?

My answer is a firm 'NO' and this is why he is not good enough.

Didsbury Dave said:
bluethunder said:
it is clear we're going to play the 4-4-2 .

No it isn't. I only saw the south china game and we played 433 for most of it.

we played the 4-4-2. we didn't play the 4-3-3 at any time.

4 defenders.

4 midfielders.

2 strikers.

before negredo came on, yaya toure was deployed in the advanced role as a centerforward/attacking midfielder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.