Kolarov

Didsbury Dave said:
bluethunder said:
Mr. Aguia said:
No that's a 4-2-3-1. It doesn't matter what the players are listed as. When we played with 3 and 4 strikers under Mancini does that mean we were playing 4-2-4? No. Yaya was playing as the #10, just like he did under Mancini when NDJ came on. 4-4-2 would be set up like this.

Hart
Zab Kompany Nastasi Clichy

Milner Fernandinho Yaya Barry

Dzeko Negredo

4-4-1-1 would have Dzeko and Negredo lined up 1 behind the other.

the 4-2-3-1 when played with two forwards IS 4-4-2. when played with 1 striker it is a 4-5-1 , i.e. 4 defenders, 5 midfielders, 1 striker.

obviously yaya usually plays as a midfielder, but yesterday he did not, he was a center forward.

-- Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:08 pm --

lancs blue said:
To me 4-4-2 implies a flat midfield four behind two strikers..

you are wrong. any team that plays with 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 forwards is playing the 4-4-2 .

the midfield does not have to be flat, it can be a diamond, a square etc.
You need to stop digging. You're all over the place.

instead of using buzz phrases like "stop digging , you're all over the place" , why not prove me wrong ? oh wait, you can't.

bluethunder said:
Mr. Aguia said:
bluethunder said:
the formation was like this:

-------------------- --Hart

---LB--------CB----------------CB---------RB

--------- -DM/CM-------------DM/CM

---RW/RM-----------CF (Toure)---------LAM

------------------------ST

It is a 4-4-2 because there was two forwards, yaya played as a forward because aguero, jovetic and negredo weren't fully fit. negredo came on for yaya late in the game.

No that's a 4-2-3-1. It doesn't matter what the players are listed as. When we played with 3 and 4 strikers under Mancini does that mean we were playing 4-2-4? No. Yaya was playing as the #10, just like he did under Mancini when NDJ came on. 4-4-2 would be set up like this.

Hart

Dzeko Negredo

the 4-2-3-1 when played with two forwards IS 4-4-2. when played with 1 forward it is a 4-5-1 , i.e. 4 defenders, 5 midfielders, 1 striker.

obviously yaya usually plays as a midfielder, but yesterday he did not, he was a center forward.

lancs blue said:
bluethunder said:

It is a 4-4-2 because there was two forwards, yaya played as a forward because aguero, jovetic and negredo weren't fully fit. negredo came on for yaya late in the game.

you are wrong. any team that plays with 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 forwards is playing the 4-4-2 .

Question : The match where we put David James upfront (was it Boro last day of the season ?) were we playing 2-3-4-2 ?

Didn't think so.

bluethunder said:
Mr. Aguia said:
bluethunder said:

Hart

Dzeko Negredo

the 4-2-3-1 when played with two forwards IS 4-4-2. when played with 1 forward it is a 4-5-1 , i.e. 4 defenders, 5 midfielders, 1 striker.

lancs blue said:
bluethunder said:

a diamond is 4-1-2-1-2
if it was 4-4-2 there would be 2 strikers, hence the 2 bit. playing behind the striker is not playing as a striker and if it was in front of a flat four it would be 4-4-1-1. but it was a 4-2-3-1 with milner yaya and nasri behind dzeko. your lack of football knowledge is shocking and your argument isn't making any sense at all. there is absolutely 0 chance of us playing 4-4-2 next season because it is a shit formation for a passing team. only players with brithish managers play that shit

well play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, please don't ever play football manager.

lost_n_spaced said:
bluethunder said:
Mr. Aguia said:

Hart

Dzeko Negredo

lancs blue said:

Question : The match where we put David James upfront (was it Boro last day of the season ?) were we playing 2-3-4-2 ?

Didn't think so.

weaver went in goal, so no, it was not a 2-3-4-2.

thesilvalining said:
bluethunder said:
Mr. Aguia said:

Hart

Dzeko Negredo

lancs blue said:

a diamond is 4-1-2-1-2.

it's also a 4-4-2 if there's 4 defenders, 4 midfielders, and 2 forwards. its a 4-3-3, when there's 4 defenders, 3 midfielders, and 3 forwards. clearly you don't know what i'm talking about because you're ignorant. its okay to not know something, it is okay to be ignorant of something, there's no shame in that.

bluethunder said:
lost_n_spaced said:
bluethunder said:

Didn't think so.

weaver went in goal, so no, it was not a 2-3-4-2.

If 'any team playing with 4 defenders, 4 midfielders & 2 forwards is playing 4-4-2', then surely - bye the same skewed logic - any team playing with 2 keepers is playing 2-something-something-something.

this is an especially stupid argument, even for bluemoon

nowadays, the formations are so fluid that the 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 really mostly addresses where players stand on the pitch for about 3 seconds after the match starts. 4-1-3-2 becomes 4-4-2 in defense and 4-1-4-1 in attack. 4-3-2-1 becomes 4-3-3 in attack, etc. Nominally, most formations are just variants of a 4-4-2, 4-5-1, or 5 at the back or 3 at the back formations. It's a really, really, really dumb argument to have because nobody is ever really wrong or right.

bluethunder said:
thesilvalining said:
bluethunder said:

a diamond is 4-1-2-1-2.

it's also a 4-4-2 if there's 4 defenders, 4 midfielders, and 2 forwards. its a 4-3-3, when there's 4 defenders, 3 midfielders, and 3 forwards. clearly you don't know what i'm talking about because you're ignorant. its okay to not know something, it is okay to be ignorant of something, there's no shame in that.

a 4-4-2 is played like this:
gk
rb cb cb lb
rm cm cm lm
st st

a 4-2-3-1 is played like this:
gk
rb cb cb lb
cdm cdm
cam cf cam
st
a 4-2-3-1 uses a cf like how tevez was last season even closer to the striker that the 2 cam
and a 4-3-3 is usually 4 defenders 3 midfielders 2 wingers and 1 striker actually so youre wrong again, how am I meant to understand what youre trying to say when you don't have a clue yourself<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:07 pm --<br /><br />
teddykgb said:
this is an especially stupid argument, even for bluemoon

nowadays, the formations are so fluid that the 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 really mostly addresses where players stand on the pitch for about 3 seconds after the match starts. 4-1-3-2 becomes 4-4-2 in defense and 4-1-4-1 in attack. 4-3-2-1 becomes 4-3-3 in attack, etc. Nominally, most formations are just variants of a 4-4-2, 4-5-1, or 5 at the back or 3 at the back formations. It's a really, really, really dumb argument to have because nobody is ever really wrong or right.
bluethunder is wrong actually

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.