Kolarov

Blue thunder I understand what your saying but it's a massively outdated way of referring to formations which is unhelpful and inaccurate ,the other guys way is more specific and conducive to a proper conversation on football please use his method so we can stop the argument and get back on topic .

bluethunder said:
you are wrong. any team that plays with 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 forwards is playing the 4-4-2 .

the midfield does not have to be flat, it can be a diamond, a square etc.

Then how does a 4-1-2-1-2 formation exist? You know, 4 defenders, 4 midfielders, and 2 strikers? You're lack of football knowledge is, quite frankly, shocking.

So yeah, Kolarov, I hope we sell him because I think he's a liability and I think he's both slow physically and slow in the mind when it comes to defending. You can get by with being one or the other but not both imo. I think he'd be a much better player in Serie A, suits that league much more.

The thing I'm wondering is, if we sell him who will replace him as backup to Clichy? My preferences would be Ben Davies or Luke Shaw but there are probably loads of options.

blinkblue said:
So yeah, Kolarov, I hope we sell him because I think he's a liability and I think he both slow physically and slow in the mind when it comes to defending. You can get by with being one or the other but not both imo. I think he'd be a much better player in Serie A, suits that league much more.

The thing I'm wondering is, if we sell him who will replace him as backup to Clichy? My preferences would be Ben Davies or Luke Shaw but they're probably loads of options.
Coentrao?

George Hannah said:
blinkblue said:
So yeah, Kolarov, I hope we sell him because I think he's a liability and I think he both slow physically and slow in the mind when it comes to defending. You can get by with being one or the other but not both imo. I think he'd be a much better player in Serie A, suits that league much more.

The thing I'm wondering is, if we sell him who will replace him as backup to Clichy? My preferences would be Ben Davies or Luke Shaw but they're probably loads of options.
Coentrao?

Do we need someone like him who'll command a big fee and big wages when we have Clichy?

bluethunder said:
you are wrong. any team that plays with 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 forwards is playing the 4-4-2 .

Um guys...I think he is wumming. Back away slowly. Either that or he is a lost cause.

In the event that I may be wrong...BlueThunder, I suggest you give this a read as you have no concept of what a formation is:

http://www.amazon.com/Inverting-Pyr...qid=1374784722&sr=8-4&keywords=soccer+tactics<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:41 pm --<br /><br />
teddykgb said:
this is an especially stupid argument, even for bluemoon

nowadays, the formations are so fluid that the 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 really mostly addresses where players stand on the pitch for about 3 seconds after the match starts. 4-1-3-2 becomes 4-4-2 in defense and 4-1-4-1 in attack. 4-3-2-1 becomes 4-3-3 in attack, etc. Nominally, most formations are just variants of a 4-4-2, 4-5-1, or 5 at the back or 3 at the back formations. It's a really, really, really dumb argument to have because nobody is ever really wrong or right.

No. BlueThunder is clearly wrong.

bluethunder said:
Didsbury Dave said:
bluethunder said:
the 4-2-3-1 when played with two forwards IS 4-4-2. when played with 1 striker it is a 4-5-1 , i.e. 4 defenders, 5 midfielders, 1 striker.

obviously yaya usually plays as a midfielder, but yesterday he did not, he was a center forward.

-- Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:08 pm --

the midfield does not have to be flat, it can be a diamond, a square etc.
You need to stop digging. You're all over the place.

instead of using buzz phrases like "stop digging , you're all over the place" , why not prove me wrong ? oh wait, you can't.
Wing backs ... FFS pick another sport

blinkblue said:
George Hannah said:
blinkblue said:

Coentrao?
Do we need someone like him who'll command a big fee and big wages when we have Clichy?
If we want to have a chance of winning the big prizes - yep!
Edit: Georgi Schennikov is another possibility but he won't come cheap either.

originally posted by the silva lining
a 4-4-2 is played like this:
gk
rb cb cb lb
rm cm cm lm
st st

it can be . but the defense, midfield and forward line don't have to be flat.

originally posted by the silva lininga 4-2-3-1 is played like this:
gk
rb cb cb lb
cdm cdm
cam cf cam
st

once again you show you're great ignorance.

you can assign players different roles.

----gk
rb cb cb lb
---cm cm
ram cam lam
st

or

----gk
rb cb cb lb
-cdm cdm
-rw cam lw
-----st

or

-----gk
rwb cb cb lb
--cm dm
-ram cf lw
-----st

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.