Kolarov

Vienna_70 said:
Joehannes said:
grim up north said:
It's consistently better than Clichy,s
Yes, it is. Then again, I didn't ask if it is "consistently good relative to Clichy's" did I?

-- Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:01 pm --

Vienna_70 said:
You come up with one example of poor delivery from Kolarov as the basis to attack his dead-ball prowess?

YCMIU!
That performance is in the back of my head as a "how not to cross a ball" display. Must have fucked up 3 or 4 deliveries in 20 minutes.

He's put in some excellent deliveries during his time here but has put in many stinkers too.
!

Didn't Džeko score from one of his 'poor' deliveries in that same game?
No mate. That was the second leg. Small sample size those two legs but an example of questionable consistency.

Merlin has made poor passes in his time here.

Sergio has missed shots in his time here.

Joe as made some poor saves in his time here.

VK has missed tackles in his time here.

Jimmy has failed to get past the defender he is taking on in his time here.

But more often than not, they get the job done, as does Aleks with his crosses.

But you think we should get rid of Kolarov, based on one or two bad games?

Well inferred.

I don't think Kola offers a wide variety of delivery aside from those that fizz along the ground. Nor do I think he produces them often enough either.

I'd sell him not because of his crossing but because of his defending. Slow on the turn and when returning from an attacking position. Weak in the air, although his awareness of those on his blind side is quite good and he's managed to clear balls that seemed certain to an attacker's feet in the past.

Clichy and kolarov are at a different class so don't compare the two. Clichy is the perfect example on how to defend as a full back. Kolarov is the total opposite.

I don't recall Kolarov complaining once about not getting regular football, always seems to get his head down and get on with it which is what you want from a squad player!!

You can't expect 2 world class players in each position, Alex gets the job done when needs be done, he's scored some important goals as well as create some in the past, he's an ideal back up player and worth keeping!!

Plus who else is there out there worth getting at the moment who would be willing to play 15-20 games a season (that's including coming off the bench)??

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
I don't recall Kolarov complaining once about not getting regular football, always seems to get his head down and get on with it which is what you want from a squad player!!

You can't expect 2 world class players in each position, Alex gets the job done when needs be done, he's scored some important goals as well as create some in the past, he's an ideal back up player and worth keeping!!

Plus who else is there out there worth getting at the moment who would be willing to play 15-20 games a season (that's including coming off the bench)??

That would make good sense if we had signed him for 5m on 30k a week,we didn't,by a long chalk.......... The fact is we paid a world class fee for a player allegedly to be of such calibre.

Someone fucked up.

FantasyIreland said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:

That would make good sense if we had signed him for 5m on 30k a week,we didn't,by a long chalk.......... The fact is we paid a world class fee for a player allegedly to be of such calibre.

Someone fucked up.

Granted he isn't on £30k a week I'd probably say around £70-80k a week I'm a firm believer that a price tag doesn't justify the player brought! Granted Mancini did pay over the odds for him mainly due to the fact he liked him as a player in Lazio and thought he'd take off over here he's been just as effective for us as the likes of Dzeko has been who cost us £28M and earns twice as much as Alex.

Someone has fucked up on a few players brought in, but where there is a bad buy there is a good buy as well! I'd like to think for every bad buy there are 2 or 3 good ones but I'm saving the time going through them all and just convincing myself that there is!!

Slower than Slowy McSlow Slow from Slowtown with no legs, to think we paid 18 fucking million, sell him to Juve or Inter and get Luke Shaw, Shaw will be cheaper in wages and is already a better player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.