Kolarov

I have always stuck up for Kolarov as I think he brings up something Gael doesn't in terms of attacking but today was dreadful.

I'm fine keeping him as a role player coming off the bench for matches where we need more width to break down sides parking the bus.

However he should never have been in the starting lineup away from home against a team we always struggle against. He simply doesn't have the footballing instincts to defend properly.

jmh said:
I'm fine keeping him as a role player coming off the bench for matches where we need more width to break down sides parking the bus.

However he should never have been in the starting lineup away from home against a team we always struggle against. He simply doesn't have the footballing instincts to defend properly.

Very mystifying playing him today. Good squad player but as you say, at Goodison!!

Awful player, doesn't like doing the defensive side of things, which is a bit of an issue when you are a defender.

Not as good as he thinks he is going forward either, how many times do I hear the commentators say 'Kolarov is dangerous with that left foot' only to see the free kick hit the wall, or the corner to be scuffed and not miss the first man, or a shot be completely wildly skewed.

He just totally has the wrong tools for being a good premier league wing back, he'll probably go back to Italy and look OK, but will NEVER do anything in the Premier League.

Why not play Clichy? Absolutely bizarre decision again from Mancini. They've had a week's rest, so why not just play the best fuckin players we have in each position?

Big problem, he's thick and doesn't have a "football brain" point in case being when he was on the right having taken a corner and didn't anticipate a pass coming back to him, the Everton player did and nicked the ball that should have been simple to our player.
Get rid not good enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.