Kolarov

Didn't watch the first 20 minutes of the game, nor did I watch the first 15 minutes of the second half but every single time he crossed the ball, his delivery was world class. Absolutely perfect and in that time, we created 3 or 4 half chances from each of them. If that was Clichy in the same position, it would have been passed to one of the central midfielders. The same goes for most other fullbacks in the world. There is no better crosser of the ball than Kolarov. If you don't believe me, watch the game again.

The only time it wasn't perfect was when we got the free-kick.

He looks slow and cumbersome defending but no-one's ever said he's a great defender. And when you don't play a left-winger in front of him, he's going to get exposed. But he still did okay. Everton didn't create many chances and they got extremely lucky with the goals they scored. All anyone's said about Kolarov is that he is so good crossing the ball, his occasional defensive frailties should not be enough to keep him out of the team when we've been struggling to score, and the game's been too narrow.

Tevez was superb as well cutting in from the left, of which I've been a long-time advocate.

nashark said:
Didn't watch the first 20 minutes of the game, nor did I watch the first 15 minutes of the second half but every single time he crossed the ball, his delivery was world class. Absolutely perfect and in that time, we created 3 or 4 half chances from each of them. If that was Clichy in the same position, it would have been passed to one of the central midfielders. The same goes for most other fullbacks in the world. There is no better crosser of the ball than Kolarov. If you don't believe me, watch the game again.

He looks slow and cumbersome defending but no-one's ever said he's a great defender. And when you don't play a left-winger in front of him, he's going to get exposed. But he still did okay. Everton didn't create many chances and they got extremely lucky with the goals they scored. All anyone's said about Kolarov is that he is so good crossing the ball, his occasional defensive frailties should not be enough to keep him out of the team when we've been struggling to score, and the game's been too narrow.

Tevez was superb as well cutting in from the left, of which I've been a long-time advocate.
I watched the whole game and can categorically say he was fucking shit.

i like the bloke but he's nowhere near good enough.

mind you a few were shocking today.<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:56 pm --<br /><br />i like the bloke but he's nowhere near good enough.

mind you a few were shocking today.

It's hard to comprehend how poor he can be sometimes, considering his transfer fee and wages. If his attacking side was as good as we were promised ("Serbian Roberto Carlos") you could probably sort of excuse him not understanding the basics of defending. It's going to be hard to sell this lad on his wages (he reportedly earns more than Gareth Bale, think about that), should be making calls to the Russian clubs.

nashark said:

lol kolarov is below average cant defend for shit should be playing for west ham clichy evertime for me.. dont care about if u can cross the damn ball kolarov cant defend get rid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.