Kolarov

mcfc2607 said:
left or right back is the hardest position to play.
Take it you've never played up front then ! Full back is hard in a shit team, when you get the ball and no one wants it, you just have to knock it long. (ask Richard edghill). It would be a pleasure to play full back in our team now.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:42 pm --<br /><br />
mcfc2607 said:
Take it you've never played up front then ! Full back is hard in a shit team, when you get the ball and no one wants it, you just have to knock it long. (ask Richard edghill). It would be a pleasure to play full back in our team now.

nice neil said:
mcfc2607 said:
Take it you've never played up front then ! Full back is hard in a shit team, when you get the ball and no one wants it, you just have to knock it long. (ask Richard edghill). It would be a pleasure to play full back in our team now.

-- Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:42 pm --

mcfc2607 said:

The most difficult position on the pitch is in net. One mistake result's in a goal. You can get away with it more or less anywhere else.

More and more full backs concentrate on attacking more than defending.

greasedupdeafguy said:
peter.evans said:
Clichy is very good, but for me Kolarov is my number one choice as left back and I believe he is as good as any in the Premiership. Compare his assist and goal contribution to Clichy's. Clichy always cocks up when in a threatening position. Had that chance fallen to Clichy on saturday he would have made a mess of it. Kolarov has one of the best left feet in the league, look at the pass to Silva for the third goal, pure class. Clichy could never score the kind of goals from free kicks that Aleks does. As for this bullshit about defending, that is utter rubbish. Kolarov is an excellent defender and I don't recall a single goal that has been scored against us that you can pin down to him directly for a glaring mistake, unlike for example Clichy's poor play to lose the ball for the rags winner and his cock up with Kompany in last year's charity shield.
Cant believe anyone who watches City would actually say that, Clichy has probably been the best left back in europe in the past year, there a reason we signed him a year after buying Kolarov.

kolarov is an excellent back up left back, great option to have from the bench as well

that being said...glaring goal conceding mistake of his...sporting lisbon second goal at coms last year, or the rags 3rd in the fa cup last year...thos i can recall off the top of my head, sure there are more

MCFCSFC said:
nice neil said:
mcfc2607 said:

mcfc2607 said:

The most difficult position on the pitch is in net. One mistake result's in a goal. You can get away with it more or less anywhere else.

I don't think that proves difficulty at all. If I have to press a button once a day or the world explodes, is that then more difficult than pressing a sequence of 15 buttons in order every day if the punishment is less severe?

Stupid analogy, but my point still stands. Outfield players are on average paid more and command higher transfer fees, there's a reason for that.

SuperYaya said:
MCFCSFC said:
nice neil said:

I don't think that proves difficulty at all. If I have to press a button once a day or the world explodes, is that then more difficult than pressing a sequence of 15 buttons in order every day if the punishment is less severe?

Stupid analogy, but my point still stands. Outfield players are on average paid more and command higher transfer fees, there's a reason for that.

That was just one example. GK's have to keep maximum concentration all game & there is a lot more to their game than people actually know about. Ask any player who has played at a pro club. They will tell you the same.

I change opinion on kolarov every week,sometimes he is great sometimes not but on balance i think he is worth keeping if he is happy to stay.but something tells me the barca boys might disagree

If only one could merge Kolarov and Clichy into one player.. Clichy's defending and high speed running, Kolarov's rocket foot free kicks and crosses..

Clichy is very good, but for me Kolarov is my number one choice as left back and I believe he is as good as any in the Premiership. Compare his assist and goal contribution to Clichy's. Clichy always cocks up when in a threatening position. Had that chance fallen to Clichy on saturday he would have made a mess of it. Kolarov has one of the best left feet in the league, look at the pass to Silva for the third goal, pure class. Clichy could never score the kind of goals from free kicks that Aleks does. As for this bullshit about defending, that is utter rubbish. Kolarov is an excellent defender and I don't recall a single goal that has been scored against us that you can pin down to him directly for a glaring mistake, unlike for example Clichy's poor play to lose the ball for the rags winner and his cock up with Kompany in last year's charity shield.

Cant believe anyone who watches City would actually say that, Clichy has probably been the best left back in europe in the past year, there a reason we signed him a year after buying Kolarov.

Why can't you believe any one who watches City can say that ? Are we all not entitled to our opinion ? Well, let's forget opinions and put down some facts shall we ? ;

Gael Clichy Appearances for City 65, goals 0 ( career 343 apps goals 2 )
Aleksander kolarov Appearances for City 87 goals 11 ( assists numerous, can only think of one clear assist from Clichy v Wolves to Aguero last season ) Kolarov career 166 apps 22 goals. That's 19 goals more than Clichy in less games !!

On those stats alone i would rest my case. As some people on here keep crapping on about the fact that both players are essentially defenders I have said before I don't think there is too much difference in their defensive capabilities. Clichy is a good player and nippier and quicker than Kolarov, but in my opinion, and I have watched City for over 40 years, Kolarov is a much better all round player. Clichy contributes next to nothing as an offensive player ( goals and assists ). Also, I can't believe anyone can say Clichy has probably been the best left back in Europe.

Pete, can you name me 5 better left backs in the world right now that are better than Clichy? I can hand on heart say I'd only pick Marcelo and Alba and maybe Alaba at a push over Clichy, Cashley's getting on, Evra's always been over-rated imo(nothing to do with he's a rag.), Baines ain't as good defensivley.

peter.evans said:

Why can't you believe any one who watches City can say that ? Are we all not entitled to our opinion ? Well, let's forget opinions and put down some facts shall we ? ;

Gael Clichy Appearances for City 65, goals 0 ( career 343 apps goals 2 )
Aleksander kolarov Appearances for City 87 goals 11 ( assists numerous, can only think of one clear assist from Clichy v Wolves to Aguero last season ) Kolarov career 166 apps 22 goals. That's 19 goals more than Clichy in less games !!

On those stats alone i would rest my case. As some people on here keep crapping on about the fact that both players are essentially defenders I have said before I don't think there is too much difference in their defensive capabilities. Clichy is a good player and nippier and quicker than Kolarov, but in my opinion, and I have watched City for over 40 years, Kolarov is a much better all round player. Clichy contributes next to nothing as an offensive player ( goals and assists ). Also, I can't believe anyone can say Clichy has probably been the best left back in Europe.
Watch agueros goal vs Wolves away last season

Clchy has probably been our most consistent performer the past two season, tell me if Kolarov is better why does Clichy play in all the big games and why did we sign another left back after spending 17 million on one the previous season?

Kolarov is a decent player, scores the odd goal and a decent cross but defensively average. Wouldn't mind keeping him but he is basically a back up player and being on 100k I can see him leaving to raise funds for other transfers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.