Kolarov

Paul11/12 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
"Kolarov is useless, he can't defend. Get Baines instead."

These kind of posts are hilarious.

The 'Kolarov can't defend' line is in no way justified either. He is just far more attacking than what we're used to. He's a better modern full-back than Clichy. As much as I love Gaël, his offensive game is 2/10.

I wouldn't say Clichy that bad going forward or Kola that bad at defending, I think most of the problem is the players around them, if Clichy plays, have an attacking M/F. If Kola plays, make sure we have decent cover for his runs from M/F!

Clichy is as limited going forward as Kolarov is at back, maybe even more. Clichy's crosses are awful.

If we only could mix two of them into one player :)

MSP said:
Paul11/12 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
"Kolarov is useless, he can't defend. Get Baines instead."

These kind of posts are hilarious.

The 'Kolarov can't defend' line is in no way justified either. He is just far more attacking than what we're used to. He's a better modern full-back than Clichy. As much as I love Gaël, his offensive game is 2/10.

I wouldn't say Clichy that bad going forward or Kola that bad at defending, I think most of the problem is the players around them, if Clichy plays, have an attacking M/F. If Kola plays, make sure we have decent cover for his runs from M/F!

Clichy is as limited going forward as Kolarov is at back, maybe even more. Clichy's crosses are awful.

If we only could mix two of them into one player :)

That would be 1 hell of a player!

Vienna_70 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Tim of the Oak said:
We wouldn't get anybody fit to lace his boots for £7m. We are being quoted £8m for a teenage Leeds fullback who has only been a first teamer for a season.

Kolarov is a good back up for Clichy and he is improved this year. He is also hard and prepared to stick up for his team mates and won't be intimidated. £17m was to much to pay for Alex but it is not as if we are short of a few bob.
Clichy joined for 7 million, Im sure there are plenty promising full backs that wont cost a bomb.

Clichy was in the last year of his contract.

However, I do agree that Aleks was probably overpriced.
Probably!?!?!?!
At £16 million I was expecting Ashley Cole without the mobile up the bum and shit wife what we got was a £3 million player with a lot of heart but little talent

I think one or two of you are being uber critical of our left backs. Clichy is one our best performers this season. Call me old fashioned but sod the fact that he is limited going forward, defenders need to be able to defend and he has been excellent at this.

Alex provides excellent back up for the games where we are likely to be on the front foot. He is also funny as fuck on the Inside City videos!

Clichy is very good, but for me Kolarov is my number one choice as left back and I believe he is as good as any in the Premiership. Compare his assist and goal contribution to Clichy's. Clichy always cocks up when in a threatening position. Had that chance fallen to Clichy on saturday he would have made a mess of it. Kolarov has one of the best left feet in the league, look at the pass to Silva for the third goal, pure class. Clichy could never score the kind of goals from free kicks that Aleks does. As for this bullshit about defending, that is utter rubbish. Kolarov is an excellent defender and I don't recall a single goal that has been scored against us that you can pin down to him directly for a glaring mistake, unlike for example Clichy's poor play to lose the ball for the rags winner and his cock up with Kompany in last year's charity shield.

shevtheblue said:
Clichy limited going forward?? Some of the runs he makes are brilliant, i for one think hes in the top 3 left backs in the league.
Clichy's runs and workrate are fantastic. What let's clichy down, and zabba until recently, is the end product. That's where kolarov has the edge on both of them. Best crosser of a ball at the club by a country mile. Also scores plenty goals for a full back. We spend the majority of most premiership games pushing teams back, looking for a breakthrough. We rely heavily on our full backs to provide width and quality service and kolarov is more of a threat going forward than clichy. So, he's not the greatest defender, but, with the best will in the world, you can't be in 2 places at once. If you're a full back, and you're up field, and your team give the ball away, you're going to struggle getting back. He's not perfect, neither's clichy, but I'm happy with both of them.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Probably!?!?!?!
At £16 million I was expecting Ashley Cole without the mobile up the bum and shit wife what we got was a £3 million player with a lot of heart but little talent

How dare you talk about Cheryl like that????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.