kolarov

Kolarov and CLichy had both ups and down this season so rotation would fit perfectly well and benefit us. There's no need to sell any of them actually. We have a very strong LB position with both of them. Can't understand why some want Alex out...

Got to keep Kolarov, his crosses and general play down the left give us a different option.. Clichy is an average left back who can be replaced for not a lot of money.

Kolarov and CLichy had both ups and down this season so rotation would fit perfectly well and benefit us. There's no need to sell any of them actually. We have a very strong LB position with both of them. Can't understand why some want Alex out...

In the big games he is a liability defensively, same as Clichy in my opinion.

Both solid left backs but for us to go forward both would either have to become a deputy and with Clichy HG it will be Kolarov leaving.

True and that's a proper send off. We cannot go by tenporary form and Aleks is old now. Aleks is a boss in my eyes and I'll always love him.

Stop buying into the media slurs against the age of our squad.

29 is far from old. 27-30 category of when a player is actually supposed to be in their prime. Dani Alves has arguably been the best full back in Europe this year at the grand old age of 32.

Kolarov isn't one of the players we need to move on this summer. Given a run of games he's a valuable player for us and on form you'd be hard pressed to name a better left back in the prem. Kolarov and Clichy suffer more than any player in our squad from over rotation and a lack of run in the team.

we need a top class left back thid summer imo. aleks for most of last season when he played was awful until the last 5 or 6 games. I think some folk get caught up in his free kicks which to be fair are cracking but for the majority of the season his performances weren't great and with gael younger and homegrown he will stay imo.

If we are to progress in the CL to a semi final type level, every City player should be able to get into the squads of teams like Barca, Real, Bayern and Juventus. If this doesn't happen, we won't make the semis. It's really very simple.

Would Kolarov and Clichy get into the squads of the above 4 teams? - no, never, not in a month of Sunday's and anyone who says otherwise is a bona fide happy clapper. So sell both and buy better or we will continue to go out of that comp in the early knockout stages and then we will carry on wondering why we're not getting any further like we do every year. The answer is because some of our players aren't of the required standard. Harsh but true.....

He suits Pellegrini's style with fullbacks bombing on, cant think of another left back that cross a ball like Kolarov or take fres kicks like him ... His defending does sometimes look suspect ...
Got to keep Kolarov, his crosses and general play down the left give us a different option.. Clichy is an average left back who can be replaced for not a lot of money.

IMO Clichy's one on one defending is very good and his pace is useful but he does not obviously provide as much going forward as Kolarov

Kolarov is so suited to the Italian league - which, is why we bought him in the first place - There is no doubting he can be a decent player at times but time and again he is caught out leaving our centre backs exposed. I don't know if this is a tactical error by the coaches or his lack of desire to track back. The problem now is how much would it be to replace him? If we have a plan and can bring in someone for a decent fee fine but I would prefer us to spend big on width, pace and youth. I also think Clichy is ok and who like Kolarov, plays better after a run of games - remember when Alex got injured in the warm up for the derby and then Clichy was probably our best player for 5/6 games after having an extended run. I don't like rotation in the defence and think that alone affected Zabba which tells me a lot. Most really good teams don't rotate the back four as often as we do so that would be my first point of business no rotation!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.