kolarov

Given a run of games he's a valuable player for us and on form you'd be hard pressed to name a better left back in the prem. Kolarov and Clichy suffer more than any player in our squad from over rotation and a lack of run in the team.
the rotation thing is a good point
we rotate them, seemingly, every other game
might be better if they got a month each and then they could build up some momentum

Clichy for me is a better defender. Much more effective at stopping crosses coming in and less likely to get caught out of position.
Kolarov is no question better going forwards but bloody awful at getting back into position when caught up the pitch.
I guess it all depends on what you want your left back to be doing.
If we played 3 defenders at the back with Kolarov in an attacking wingback role I would select him ahead of Clichy, but in a 4 man defence as we play under MP Clichy is the better choice.

Clichy for me is a better defender. Much more effective at stopping crosses coming in and less likely to get caught out of position.
Kolarov is no question better going forwards but bloody awful at getting back into position when caught up the pitch.
I guess it all depends on what you want your left back to be doing.
If we played 3 defenders at the back with Kolarov in an attacking wingback role I would select him ahead of Clichy, but in a 4 man defence as we play under MP Clichy is the better choice.
none of those two have a good defensive record and are good on the offensive. Clichy gets to stay cuz he's HG, that's his golden ticket. I prefer a settled lb like Sandro who can actually play defense.

Whatever the discussions around who is the better choice between Kolarov and Clichy I think the most important factor is that one of them gets to play a sustained number of consecutive games. I am not a statto but I shudder to think of how many times MP has rotated the back 4 this season.
What we need is a settled back 4 all of who know exactly what their duties are. Whoever plays they need to regularly play together. I think this has been the root of our defensive problems this season.

Whatever the discussions around who is the better choice between Kolarov and Clichy I think the most important factor is that one of them gets to play a sustained number of consecutive games. I am not a statto but I shudder to think of how many times MP has rotated the back 4 this season.
What we need is a settled back 4 all of who know exactly what their duties are. Whoever plays they need to regularly play together. I think this has been the root of our defensive problems this season.

I agree...I think Pelle needs to look at how often he changes the back 4....seemed like every game we were different last season and think this could be a big reason for the mistakes and breakdowns...I understand keeping fresh but if the same back 4 were able to play together for longer periods(consecutive games)...I think we'd see big improvements and less mistakes...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.