Kolo to leave at the end of the season

Should get a new deal but he would have to accept being a squad player. Based on the excellent cover he gave when Vinnie was injured I think City will keep both him and Lescott.

Had some fantastic performances whilst Vinnie was out, was immense in the Villa game. I'll miss him for sure, a proper grafter after such a long spell of not being used and rose to the occasion when needed.

Best of luck to Kolo.
I just hope his loss doesn't have a negative effect on Yaya.
It will certainly scupper the song if nothing else!

Sorry but, where does he say he is going to leave? All he says is that he has not heard back from the club and he will begin weighing up his options soon.

He's played well this season but I've got mixed feelings about whether we should keep him. I think we need a more physical stopper as cover for VK. When VK isnt playing we miss his ability, but we also miss his leadership qualities and the physical presence he brings. The Kolo-Nastasic partnership worked well at technical level but it seemed that the more physical teams could put pressure on them, bully them.

cleavers said:
To sum up, he's not heard about a new contract, from a club that doesn't normally discuss new contracts until the end of the season.

City will renew a contract whenever it suits them. Yaya has just signed a four year deal etc. So I think he knows the writing is on the wall. I personally think we should keep him. His recent appearances more than justify future short term contracts.

he was never the same after his dieting fiasco

good lad, but the club needs bigger and better for the next level

Raggi01 said:
Sorry but, where does he say he is going to leave?
He doesn't.

I said in the Lescott thread that out of the two of them I expected Kolo to stay. That's no slight on Lescott, but he's absolutely gagging to play every single game at this stage of his career, especially in what will be a World Cup year, so I think he will be the one to pressure for a move.

At 32, though, I think Kolo would be more content to play the squad role if he was offered a deal of some sort, perhaps a 2-year extension on lower wages. I guess it all depends on what he really wants (i.e. to play every game for someone like West Ham or keep his family settled and see out his career as a well-paid squad player at City), but that interview suggests to me he'd happily stay if a deal is offered in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.