Kolo to leave at the end of the season

Cardiff.

A perfect fit for both,his experience and leadership would be invaluable in their efforts to become established.

Reason he never got an opportunity (I think he had plenty) was because he wasn't better than what we had. Problem we are going to have is the likes of Kolo thinking they are top players worthy of starting every game, we seem to have a squad full of them!

Dethred said:
robsta said:
Still don't understand why we are letting him go. He's been content to act as a back up to the first choice centre backs and he hasn't let us down this season when called upon. In fact has played bloody well in several games. We should be offering a year or two and maybe suggesting a pay cut. Sounds like he'd have that if offered.

Yep, I don't understand it at all. At least offer him a deal with a pay cut to match his contribution. It will be typical of us to just let him go and have a lack of defensive options next year through injuries or a bad signing like Savic.

He's not been happy to sit on the bench, that's the point. He wnats to play and has siad in an interview just a few weeks ago that he wouldn't sign a new deal with City if they offered him one. He wants to leave cause he feels he can contribute game in game out. I can't hold that against him.

Overall he has been a success at City.

If he goes then Lescott must stay and vice versa. As a Club we cant afford to lose them both.

Mr. Aguia said:
Dethred said:
robsta said:
Still don't understand why we are letting him go. He's been content to act as a back up to the first choice centre backs and he hasn't let us down this season when called upon. In fact has played bloody well in several games. We should be offering a year or two and maybe suggesting a pay cut. Sounds like he'd have that if offered.

Yep, I don't understand it at all. At least offer him a deal with a pay cut to match his contribution. It will be typical of us to just let him go and have a lack of defensive options next year through injuries or a bad signing like Savic.

He's not been happy to sit on the bench, that's the point. He wnats to play and has siad in an interview just a few weeks ago that he wouldn't sign a new deal with City if they offered him one. He wants to leave cause he feels he can contribute game in game out. I can't hold that against him.

Fair enough. I hadn't read that interview. Was just going off the fact he hadn't appeared to make a fuss although he's clearly been 3rd choice (poss 4th) for last two season. Maybe he's changed his mind based on his latest interview or maybe he was trying to put himself in the shop window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.