Kolo Toure [Merged]

Basically I am beyond questioning Hughes' moves in the transfer market. I mean out of all of his signings he may have just the one dud, TBH. He has a lot to prove in terms of making these signings all work and showing tactical acumen, but I trust him at this point with the money. He has a clear strategy and wants these players to have an almost certain chance of hitting the ground running. Perhaps once we have established ourselves as a solid top 5/6 side

While we will always be slightly annoyed when we pay the City tax, I think in the region of £12-15M for established top 4 Premier League defenders is reasonable. It's only when you hear talk of £30M for Lescott that we should draw a line.

Matt Diablo said:
actually i'm f*ckin x-static about this one...it's the blokes character as much as anything

Agreed, he's a real fighter. Just what we need.

foley87 said:
we may of given them 41million but weve taken their best striker and best defender

theyve gotta replace them which will cost more than that

fantastic signing

About 32m more like, 41m is what the press make up.

Jnr Kisby said:
The Doctor said:
We still need 2 more central defenders as KT will be away in Jan at the ANC....................2 players for each position is still MH's plan!

KT + Lescott will do just fine, we have onoha and kompany.

i agree, plus Micah.

Goats left knee said:
Toure, Lescott and BrunoAlves would be perfect!

Indeed. But if we can't Lescott then move for Upson. Nearly same quality and we would get him easier.

alera said:
The sky is falling in as usual. I couldn't really care less who Arsenal spend it on.

Dont worry Wenger will be lucky if he gets even half of that.

In this market £20 million will not get you a world class central defender and forward. Arsenal need a defensive midfield player as well and right midfield if Eboue goes which seems likely. That money not going to go far when £6 million gets you a full back from the championship with 40 games under his belt.

We need to stop worrying what other clubs will do !

agree, it does smell a tad like keeping up with the joneses, we are in a position that we have never been in in our history before and some of you are more concerned at what other managers are going to spend our pocket change on.... come on start smiling this is going to be one exciting season :-)

We haven't bought KT yet. Sounds like we might tomoz, though, which will at least shut their ridiculous gloating bleating and bleating about JT for a nano second or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.