Kolo Toure [Merged]

Re: Toure agrees city move [Merged]

Cambridgeblue said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
ha ha your the second gooner on here this morning stating you'll miss toure, last nite there was a city fan on here sayin no gooners rated toure and want him gone, and how we shouldn't sign him! cant wait til the nob reads your posts today! i think it'll be a good signing for us, however i amazed wenger and the powers at arsenal are willing to keep selling to us, there is a possibility we could run you close or even overtake you for 4th spot, with the help from some of your ex players . . . . . .that must surely really rile you? it would me!

Mate don't be a twat, show a little class. No need to stick the knife in... the gooners that have posted on here have done so genuinely and politely.

Remember we are impeccable ;)
read my post again not once have i said anything bad about arsenal, i actually slagged a city fan off from yesterday, i think if you read this again you'll realise im not a "twat" im actually having a good conversation with the arsenal fan!

Biamp said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1128130_city_turn_focus_to_toure

Reports claiming the Blues have agreed personal terms with Toure are premature, but indications are that the move could go through today.
It's hardly surprising that Stuart Brennan suggests it will go through today considering he gets all his info from Bluemoon.

wandarah said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
ha ha your the second gooner on here this morning stating you'll miss toure, last nite there was a city fan on here sayin no gooners rated toure and want him gone, and how we shouldn't sign him! cant wait til the nob reads your posts today! i think it'll be a good signing for us, however i amazed wenger and the powers at arsenal are willing to keep selling to us, there is a possibility we could run you close or even overtake you for 4th spot, with the help from some of your ex players . . . . . .that must surely really rile you? it would me!

Well, it'd definitely be a mistake in my opinion and it'd without doubt make you stronger in an area where you obviously require some reinforcement, and yes, I think we would be weaker without Toure - even if he was used as backup or a squad player.

However, once again just my opinion - I think this year at least, we'll be ahead of you. Theres a lot of work for your manager to do to get the team working and honestly I think you've made a huge error buying Adebayor (though this may only become apparent when he feels he's run enough miles so he only has to walk). Theres a quality side being assembled no doubt but it's not like Arsenal suddenly will shit itself and turn to crap just because you're getting a decent side together.

Of course, I'm far more familar with Arsenal players than I am Man City ones (outside your Tevez's or Robhino's, etc) - but Van Persie is pure quality, Eduardo is lethal, Bendtner at his best is a decent replacement for Adebayor (and defintely smarter), Fabregas, Rosicky, Arshavin, Gallas are all world class in my opinion. And Walcott, Nasri, Sagna and Clichy arent half bad either!

For the last few seasons of course, our problem has been squad depth and bizarre formations. Selling Toure certainly wont help the former, and the latter is I'm afraid something that Le Boss doesnt look like stopping.

As for it 'riling' me, well nah this is football after all, but you bet your Arse i'd be yelling some choice words if and when Adebayor scores a screamer against us. Of course, he's never onside so maybe not...
i agree with you mate (unfortunately) i think we'll still be a bit of a way off top 4, this coming season! hopefully finnish above the rest! interesting times at both our clubs!!

Lomas has a lob on said:
wandarah said:
Well, it'd definitely be a mistake in my opinion and it'd without doubt make you stronger in an area where you obviously require some reinforcement, and yes, I think we would be weaker without Toure - even if he was used as backup or a squad player.

However, once again just my opinion - I think this year at least, we'll be ahead of you. Theres a lot of work for your manager to do to get the team working and honestly I think you've made a huge error buying Adebayor (though this may only become apparent when he feels he's run enough miles so he only has to walk). Theres a quality side being assembled no doubt but it's not like Arsenal suddenly will shit itself and turn to crap just because you're getting a decent side together.

Of course, I'm far more familar with Arsenal players than I am Man City ones (outside your Tevez's or Robhino's, etc) - but Van Persie is pure quality, Eduardo is lethal, Bendtner at his best is a decent replacement for Adebayor (and defintely smarter), Fabregas, Rosicky, Arshavin, Gallas are all world class in my opinion. And Walcott, Nasri, Sagna and Clichy arent half bad either!

For the last few seasons of course, our problem has been squad depth and bizarre formations. Selling Toure certainly wont help the former, and the latter is I'm afraid something that Le Boss doesnt look like stopping.

As for it 'riling' me, well nah this is football after all, but you bet your Arse i'd be yelling some choice words if and when Adebayor scores a screamer against us. Of course, he's never onside so maybe not...
i agree with you mate (unfortunately) i think we'll still be a bit of a way off top 4, this coming season! hopefully finnish above the rest! interesting times at both our clubs!!

very refreshing to see some decent constructive footy chat on here for a change.By the way i agree with you both.

Would be a great signing tbh.

the only reason i see arsenal selling to us is, they dont see us as a threat. We are still labeled typical city and they wont do much etc etc. None of the top 4 see us as any potential threat regardless of all our signings, i thinks thats down to there own arrogance, and they all think it will take us 2-3 years to break into the top 4. IF they though we could really break into it, i dont think they will sell to us because they will make us stronger while making themselves weaker. But because they think we are shit still, they will sell to us. If you get what im trying to say lol.

Cambridgeblue said:
Lomas has a lob on said:

Mate don't be a twat, show a little class. No need to stick the knife in... the gooners that have posted on here have done so genuinely and politely.

He's not said anything even remotely twattish in that post.

Blue_Rossy said:

the only reason i see arsenal selling to us is, they dont see us as a threat. We are still labeled typical city and they wont do much etc etc. None of the top 4 see us as any potential threat regardless of all our signings, i thinks thats down to there own arrogance, and they all think it will take us 2-3 years to break into the top 4. IF they though we could really break into it, i dont think they will sell to us because they will make us stronger while making themselves weaker. But because they think we are shit still, they will sell to us. If you get what im trying to say lol.
i think the only reason arsenal are selling to us is because we'll probably pay a bit more than anyone else, im not sure what is going on at arsenal but its fairly obvious wenger hasn't got alot of money available, so doing business with us would enable them to improve there finances (slightly), i think the top 4 are taking us seriousley dont worry about that

Dubai Blue said:
Cambridgeblue said:

He's not said anything even remotely twattish in that post.
cheers dubai i did tell him i said nothing twatish! im putting it down to the time of day.

Lomas has a lob on said:
Blue_Rossy said:

i think the only reason arsenal are selling to us is because we'll probably pay a bit more than anyone else, im not sure what is going on at arsenal but its fairly obvious wenger hasn't got alot of money available, so doing business with us would enable them to improve there finances (slightly), i think the top 4 are taking us seriousley dont worry about that

Add to that he has one year left on his current contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.