Kolo Toure [Merged]

Re: Toure agrees city move [Merged]

I don't know what Wenger is thinking, selling off our last club legend from the invincibles era, but I'm guessing Kolo forced his hand. 1 year left on contract + refusing to sign a new one = Flamini situation all over again. Toure is world class, and was suffering last season because he didn't get over the malaria he brought back with him from the ACN until near the end of the season. Before that he just didn't click with Gallas, and really we saw the best of him when he was paired with Campbell. With Sol, the team was the first in PL history to go unbeaten, so that says a lot of the player you are about to get :(

Best of luck, King Kolo. I hope Arsene finds a replacement... Gallas isn't getting any younger (or less crocked)

Cheers Arshavin, decent post... nice to see that not all the opposing supporters come on here to slag people off.

it is refreshing for a supporter from another club come on and say that their team will miss the person we're being linked to.

i'm sure there were some who said they were glad to see swp go wehn he went to chelsea, not that they'd admit to that now!

One of my best mates is a Gooner season ticket holder and back when we were first rumoured to be after Toure in January he said there was no chance Arsenal would let him leave as he is sheer class. (I even lost 20 quid betting him on it). He rated him extremely highly (at a time when Toure was still struggling) and took great delight in pointing out how he was back to his best towards the end of lat season. He'll be gutted if he joins us, although he was delighted to see the back of Adebayor for 25m so I guess that evens it up a bit!!

As a fan of Le Arse,

I would be absolutely, impossibly, devastatingly befuddled as to why we would sell not just 'a defender' - but King Kolo Frickin Toure. Not only sell him, but sell him to you horrible bastards of all people (no offense).

Adebayor I can live with, indeed I even smiled with glee (even though he will score against us) - but Kolo Toure *is* Arsenal. He's a wonderfully polite and respectful man, he still calls the boss 'Mr Wenger' and he's given his bollocks for Arsenal time and time again. He's had a rough couple of seasons perhaps, but he's still quality. Even if he were to be considered 'only average', we're desperately woeful in defense despite having some decent defenders, of which he is one.

He's the single last remaining member of the Invincibles, and if he leaves I think Wenger is making a massive, massive mistake.

I can only wonder what the fuck is going on at my club. If you fullas get him, you've got a great man, and a good player.

Hope we sign him by the end of the week. So we can focus on getting Lescott.

Toure is one of the best Centere halfs on the ball in the world, we desperatley need a CB who can play it out from the back as well as a more traditional one (lescott). Immense signing if ture. Does anyone know when its likely to be confirmed?

Let's face it would Arsenal agree to give us Toure ? It's like them giving us 4th spot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.