Kolo Toure [Merged]

Re: Toure agrees City move [Merged]

CTfan said:
alera said:
Same here, big improvement on what we have at the moment. That would give us a back 4 of Richards--Toure--Lescott--Bridge with Zabs, Nedum, Upsons and Kompany as cover. Lescott can cover left back as well if needed thats a top 4 defensive line up for sure at least as good as Arsenal and Liverpools defensive pool IMO.

yup, but i still worry with our right back.. I prefer srna over micah though...

Bid whatever it takes for Maicon

Zabs is a better right back than Richards in fairness but will Hughes ahve the balls to drop him. Not until the window shuts I would guess ! With the central defenders mentioned you are into Richards and Bridge being the weak links...but you cant build a whole new team in one summer !

Tricky_Trev said:
rice10 said:
I personally disagree about richards he is a cb in my opinion full backs need to be able to join in the play and get crosses in and unfortunately Micah cant do this!! the moves break down when he gets it. this is exaclty the same for onuoha im shocked when people want neddy at fullback he is worse than micah t crossing etc.

thing about Richards is he says he is a centre back when he first comes through gets played there and is superb then he loses his form and declares he is actually a right back but for the reasons stated above he isnt. if we want to play a formation where the full backs dont cross the halfway line fine but with 3 in midfield the extra width comes from the fullbacks.
I actually can't say with any great confidence that Richards is an out and out full back or an out and out centre back. He lacks the crossing, passing and composure of a full back and lacks the positional sense, marking and calmness of a centreback. He's neither one nor the other. Hence why his place in the side is under threat.

I think (well i hope) positional sense etc can be taught, if you cant cross a ball or pass it in the right direction after playing football everyday since you were about 14 you're gonna struggle!! I love football its a game of opinions

alera said:
would be v happy with Kolo, Upson & Lescott.

Same here, big improvement on what we have at the moment. That would give us a back 4 of Richards--Toure--Lescott--Bridge with Zabs, Nedum, Upsons and Kompany as cover. Lescott can cover left back as well if needed thats a top 4 defensive line up for sure at least as good as Arsenal and Liverpools defensive pool IMO.

I think Zaba is a better RB than Richards and more versatile in other positions. If these deals came off, Richards on the bench for me, hate to say it.

so what about FM09?? but anyway.. it's just my opinion though..

I've really started to warm to the idea of Toure now after being pretty underwhelmed at first, hopefully this will go through today and just prove that we don't fuck about if our main target turns us down there's no going back

CTfan said:
so what about FM09?? but anyway.. it's just my opinion though..

means you've probs watched very little of srna and base your opinion of him on how good he is on fm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.