Kolo Toure [Merged]

Toure is one of three defenders Hughes wants to bring in as he re-assesses his targets following Terry’s decision to stay at Chelsea.
Everton’s Joleon Lescott remains in his sights, despite Everton being reluctant to sell, and Hughes is also considering a move for West Ham’s Matthew Upson.

Like I have been saying all three of them will probably end up at city. The only slight doubt now is Lescott. We are obviously sick of him pussing around and after the Terry piss take hes been told he will have to put in a transfer request or at the very least make it clear he wants to come to city before we go back with an improved offer.

As for Upson if we offer £10 - £12 million for him he will be on the way very quickly. West Ham are effectiively owned by the Icelandic governement now (WHo are in term insolvent) All they want is as much of their money back as quickly as they can.

They wont turn down big money for a 30 year old defender. Maybe even go in with a cheeky bid of £8 million ?

alera said:
Lets look at the facts :

- Arsenal are skint and over £350 million in debt.

- Toure and Gallas hate each other - complete break down in relationship so bad Toure but a transfer request in January. This has been well documented.

- Toure only has one year left on his contract. In 6 months he can sign a pre contract agreement and Arsenal with get nothing.

- We have offered our standard double your money deal - be hard for him to turn that down

- Hes best mates with Adabayor.

Theres probably more but you get the point. This is definately happening. This week probably.

He played very well in the friendly apparently !

I agree - especially with the bit in bold.
Wenger/Arsenal will not be able to resist a 15m bid.
The only doubt may be Toure himself, but I suspect he'll find it hard to decline the chance to double his wages and join up with his old friend Ade.

well i hope so, i just hope the defenders we are chasing we can sign over the next few days. getting close to the start of the season they need time to gel with the squad!!

IMO (and its just a guess) Toure will happen this week. Upson is on tour so probably not imminent. Lescott could drag on all the way until the end of the window. Everton are desperate - for money and to sign new players they have a paper thin squad and are carrying loads of injurys still.

They always do their deals as late as possible as they cant compete on wages or fees so they wait until all the big clubs have had their fill. They wont sell him until they have at least 2 more central defenders in and probably another full back as well.

SO we are going to have to wait and wait for this one unless he puts in a transfer request. I fucking hate Moyes...

According to the Daily Mail its done:

Manchester City moved on from the disappointment of missing out on England captain John Terry by striking a £15million deal for Arsenal defender Kolo Toure.

The 28-year-old has agreed personal terms of around £120,000 per week — doubling his wages at Arsenal. He is expected to be unveiled later this week and could even figure in Saturday’s friendly at Barnsley.

His signing ends a nine-month pursuit by City manager Mark Hughes who first earmarked the Ivory Coast centre half back in November. Toure is one of three defenders Hughes wants to bring in as he re-assesses his targets following Terry’s decision to stay at Chelsea.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1202611/Kolo-Toure-quits-Arsenal-15million-Manchester-City-defender-capture-Mark-Hughes--EXCLUSIVE.html#ixzz0MVc1WAUb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0MVc1WAUb</a>

Shit signing, absolutely shit. And no, we don't have a top 4 defender. We have a top 4's reserve/4th choice defender. I hope you'll be this happy and remember this topic in 6 months time when Toure goes off to the ACN after costing us 12 points already.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
According to the Daily Mail its done:

Manchester City moved on from the disappointment of missing out on England captain John Terry by striking a £15million deal for Arsenal defender Kolo Toure.

The 28-year-old has agreed personal terms of around £120,000 per week — doubling his wages at Arsenal. He is expected to be unveiled later this week and could even figure in Saturday’s friendly at Barnsley.

His signing ends a nine-month pursuit by City manager Mark Hughes who first earmarked the Ivory Coast centre half back in November. Toure is one of three defenders Hughes wants to bring in as he re-assesses his targets following Terry’s decision to stay at Chelsea.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1202611/Kolo-Toure-quits-Arsenal-15million-Manchester-City-defender-capture-Mark-Hughes--EXCLUSIVE.html#ixzz0MVc1WAUb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0MVc1WAUb</a>

Great stuff. It didn't take a while then to find a replacement for Terry (same case happened when we failed with Eto'o then ended up getting Adebayor) , hope it will be confirmed during this week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.