Kolo Toure [Merged]

AntMcfc said:
Shit signing, absolutely shit. And no, we don't have a top 4 defender. We have a top 4's reserve/4th choice defender. I hope you'll be this happy and remember this topic in 6 months time when Toure goes off to the ACN after costing us 12 points already.
Got to say that I disagree with pretty much everything you've written there. Toure isn't shit and he certainly isn't a top 4's reserve defender you're, quite simply wrong. If we'd been signing Senderos or Djourou then I'd agree. The only think I'd be slightly concerned about, and the only thing I agree with you about, is the ANC in January. Adebayor will be missing for a month and, should we sign Toure, so will he.

Matty said:
AntMcfc said:
Shit signing, absolutely shit. And no, we don't have a top 4 defender. We have a top 4's reserve/4th choice defender. I hope you'll be this happy and remember this topic in 6 months time when Toure goes off to the ACN after costing us 12 points already.
Got to say that I disagree with pretty much everything you've written there. Toure isn't shit and he certainly isn't a top 4's reserve defender you're, quite simply wrong. If we'd been signing Senderos or Djourou then I'd agree. The only think I'd be slightly concerned about, and the only thing I agree with you about, is the ANC in January. Adebayor will be missing for a month and, should we sign Toure, so will he.

Don't worry. Cruz & Lescott will have us covered ;o).

I really can't understand people complaining about the possibility of signing the Arsenal captain! We need a leader, an older head who has been there and done it, who can guide the likes of Onuoha and Richards. Ant, you are a tool.

Dobsy87 said:
I really can't understand people complaining about the possibility of signing the Arsenal captain! We need a leader, an older head who has been there and done it, who can guide the likes of Onuoha and Richards. Ant, you are a tool.

Just a picky one here, he isnt the captain, Fabregas is.....

Will be a great signing though bringing pace, and more importantly a winning mentality and experience of winning....

I'm chuffed with Kolo Toure, lots more than if we'd paid £35m/£250k per week for John fucking Terry. This intangible 'leadership quality' that's getting bandied about is sort of childish - it's all very well having some spiv waving his arms about and screaming, but what we've bought in Tevez, Barry, Adebayor and now Toure is professionalism and work-rate, and guys that can do their respective jobs well. An Arsenal player is used to winning most of the games that he plays in - that's the sort of attitude that'll serve us well.

I hope this one goes through he has a great reputation with the arsenal fans for giving his all one thing I cannot understand is why we haven't been looking at or linked with Brede Hangeland

ST Coleridge said:
I'm chuffed with Kolo Toure, lots more than if we'd paid £35m/£250k per week for John fucking Terry. This intangible 'leadership quality' that's getting bandied about is sort of childish - it's all very well having some spiv waving his arms about and screaming, but what we've bought in Tevez, Barry, Adebayor and now Toure is professionalism and work-rate, and guys that can do their respective jobs well. An Arsenal player is used to winning most of the games that he plays in - that's the sort of attitude that'll serve us well.

great post mate

Dobsy87 said:

Spot on mate.I sometimes wonder what football some city fans are watching.Toure has played for one of the consistant top 4 teams for years,played champions league football against some of the best players in europe.Was the main defender alongside campbell in the unbeaten Arsenal side...the one that went unbeaten all season..and is only 28..plus his form toward the end of last season was excellent after coming back from Malaria.
Coupled with the fact that we`d be taking him off one of our main competitors just adds more reason to snap him up asap.

Some city fans just need to look at the bigger picture.We aint in Europe this season and we are building a squad that will be capable of top 6..possibly top 4 if we gel.With the additions of possibly Lescott maybe another midfielder we will have a squad capable of doing this and a good run at one of the domestic cups.I just cant wait for the season to start!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.