Kolo Toure

alera said:
I dont know what peoples relationships are like with their siblings but its fair to say they normally have the inside track......

Its not really a question of rating. In his prime I would have loved Toure at city but hes getting on a bit and you never really recover from Malaria. For a professional athelete its a big problem. Plus you loose him for the africans nations cup. Add in his brother saying "HE wont take such a big step down at this stage of his career" Do you want me to be happy with that ?

As for Terry he would be a brilliant signing BUT rumoured £1 million a month wages, £40 million he is 29, his back is fucked. With this in mind I am not bothered if that deal doesnt happen either.

Overall In my opinion we could get younger, hungrier players, without the injury problems that can perform at the same sort of level and cost less in terms of transfer fees and wages.

Its not a question of money no object its getting players who actually want to play for us and can do so at the highest level.
you make good points but i disagree where you say we could get younger hungrier players! i think we need a 28-30yr old top top quality centre back, our defence is cryin out for experience and organisation, youth wise we have ned and micah, plus kompany at 24, zab at 25 are hardly old, the problem is those 28-30yr old centre backs of the ilk we require are very few and far between

alera said:
I dont know what peoples relationships are like with their siblings but its fair to say they normally have the inside track......

Its not really a question of rating. In his prime I would have loved Toure at city but hes getting on a bit and you never really recover from Malaria. For a professional athelete its a big problem. Plus you loose him for the africans nations cup. Add in his brother saying "HE wont take such a big step down at this stage of his career" Do you want me to be happy with that ?

As for Terry he would be a brilliant signing BUT rumoured £1 million a month wages, £40 million he is 29, his back is fucked. With this in mind I am not bothered if that deal doesnt happen either.

Overall In my opinion we could get younger, hungrier players, without the injury problems that can perform at the same sort of level and cost less in terms of transfer fees and wages.

Its not a question of money no object its getting players who actually want to play for us and can do so at the highest level.
He's 28. Ignore what his brother says. That's meaningless. If Arsenal accept a bid, what does he do?

I don't think there's anyone around who is hungrier than John Terry; that's what makes him an outstanding player.

I don't know about Kolo Toure, but i do know you can make a complete recovery from Malaria.

Toure and Terry are in the prime of their careers and have a great record. If you don't think theya re good enough, who is?

i do know you can make a complete recovery from Malaria.

You never make a full recovery from Malaria. Unless you are going to tell me you specalise in tropical diseases.....

Terrys back is fucked. This is not in question......

alera said:
i do know you can make a complete recovery from Malaria.

You never make a full recovery from Malaria. Unless you are going to tell me you specalise in tropical diseases.....

Terrys back is fucked. This is not in question......

Malaria can be a potentially fatal condition, but with a prompt diagnosis and treatment, many people make a full recovery. If you have been diagnosed with malaria, your treatment will start as soon as possible.

NHS direct knows better! :)

It’s a disease of the blood, it’s a parasite; it can and often does permanent damage to internal organs. People that have suffered it are prone to relapse.

One or all of these outcomes are not uncommon and a real problem if physical fitness is essential.

I don’t need to consult Wikapidia or NHS direct to know this.....

His performances since contracting the disease are well documented and the reasons.

Lomas has a lob on said:
alera said:

you make good points but i disagree where you say we could get younger hungrier players! i think we need a 28-30yr old top top quality centre back, our defence is cryin out for experience and organisation, youth wise we have ned and micah, plus kompany at 24, zab at 25 are hardly old, the problem is those 28-30yr old centre backs of the ilk we require are very few and far between

^this.....add in that it is likely MH prefers a player of this age with Premier League experience, and that narrows it down even further....basically we are looking at Terry/Toure/Carragher/Vidic/Ferdibland/Gallas/Upson/Woodgate/King/Lescott/Jageielka that fit the bill.....and you can rule out half of those with injury records and unsuitability, which is possibly why City are concentrating their efforts on the 3 rumoured to be in line

alera said:
It’s a disease of the blood, it’s a parasite; it can and often does permanent damage to internal organs. People that have suffered it are prone to relapse.

One or all of these outcomes are not uncommon and a real problem if physical fitness is essential.

His performances since contracting the disease are well documented and the reasons.

However, his performances in the last 2 months siginificantly improved IMO. That is one of the reasons Arsenal finished 4th.

alera said:

and heres me thinking it was more to do with him haveing a bust up with gallas thus affecting his game for the rest of the season

oh and all so a qoute from wenger as well "He had a little resurgence of it because he caught it in Africa. They recover quickly from that. After two days he was okay"

all so he played 41 games last season the same as the season before!

bluepeter62 said:
alera said:

However, his performances in the last 2 months siginificantly improved IMO. That is one of the reasons Arsenal finished 4th.

He single handedly along with almunia kept arsenal in the first leg of the champs league match against the rags,constantly keeping rooney out of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.