Kolo wanna go-go?

I'll have a go at translating this.
"ah yes, i would be interested because of the competition there is at city at the moment, if paris calls it would not be like previous years where i said to myelf "yeah i dont know..." But if they call me now, i would listen to what they have to say. Given the good players that there are in paris it really makes you want to go there. Its clear! I know i am not the only player interested. There are other players who really want to play for psg. Not only for the money but also because one can see there are very good investors there who want the club to progress, to play play beautiful football and win trophies"
Seems a bit strange to me, he didn't exactly hang around after full time on sunday. Personally, id rather have savic anyway. But i dont pick the team!

had a felling this would of been his last season anyway as ffp comes in city can't afford to have a defender that well paid sitting on the bench wish him all the best if he does leave .

alky313 said:
So this is the return the club gets for giving him a shot at our biggest CL fixture ever? He can rightly fuck off to France.
He wants to play football.. How can anyone be angy at him for that?

We should support his decision and wish him the best of luck. Kolo has much respect for our club and the fans, and I doubt he'll tell Yaya too go with him if we treat both of them with love and respect.

Many people want an upgrade at CB, and Kolo WANTING to leave while still respecting the club would make the situation much easier..

If Kolo wants to play (here) and we go and buy Hummels or someone like that.. That could be more problematic with Yaya

We have rekik, boyata, warbara, Savic and Nedum who are or got the potential to be better than Kolo, if we can get around 7 million or above I would sell.

LoveCity said:
http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/195257/k-toure-oui-paris-minteresse/

Translated:

"Oh yes, I would be interested because with competition there currently in City, if name is Paris, it will not be like previous years where I thought," Yeah I do not know Paris too ...", he said. Whereas now they call me, I would listen to what they say. Given the very good players there are in Paris, it really makes you want to go there, it's clear! I know I'm not the only player interested. There are other players who really want to play for PSG. Not just for the money, but also because we see that there are very good investors who want to move the club to produce good football and win trophies."
This sounds awfully familiar? Cant quite put my finger on it!
In all seriousness Kolo is a good professional and I'd rather him leave with the desire to play then stay to get paid to watch us play. PSG are an attractive option these days with the money and Paris,so go for it Kolo you could cut it as a starting cb for a year or two. Will be interesting to see if he sees out the season or leaves in January though,him having a desire for trophies and all.

He has just given Mancini the excuse to get rid, go to the board and ask for funds to buy a world class replacement. Would like to see a ball playing centre half but we will probably end up with Cahill. Money from Kolo plus part ex with Onhoua means net spend of nil plus a significant reduction in wages

Fair enough he is getting on and wants first team more now i reckon. He tried hard for us and i wish him well in the future. PSG are a team on the up.

unless this has something to do it:

As reported by Skysports.com

Sky Sports understands Kolo Toure is set for a disciplinary hearing with Manchester City officials next week as the club attempt to sanction the former captain for his drugs ban.

City, who supported Toure throughout the legal process and disciplinary hearings with the Football Association, have taken the surprise decision to try and discipline the defender eight months after the actual offence took place.

The latest revelation is an unwelcome distraction for high-flying City in the wake of the Carlos Tevez saga which has dominated the headlines in recent weeks at the club.
Toure was handed a six-month suspension in May for failing a routine drugs test after the Manchester derby at Old Trafford last February.

It emerged the banned substance found in Toure's drugs test came from a slimming tablet the player had taken.
The Ivory Coast international pleaded guilty to the offence and he made his return to action last month following the completion of his suspension.

However, City's hierarchy have now decided they will try and take their own action against the 30-year-old, who is under contract at the Etihad Stadium until the summer of 2013.
Toure is unhappy at the club's decision and he is believed to have the support of a number of his team-mates who have questioned the timing of the disciplinary case.

The Professional Footballers' Association is understood to be fully supportive of Toure in the case with chief executive Gordon Taylor expected to personally attend the hearing next week.
Toure and his legal team will attend the hearing which will be headed up by City's Football Administration Officer Brian Marwood and the club's lawyer Simon Cliff.

‪The player's adviser Saif Rubie admitted the defender was disappointed the club were planning to take action against him.‬
"Kolo is disappointed that the club have decided to take this stance and he will contest any planned action against him," Rubie told skysports.com.
"However, he will continue to give his all, as always, for Roberto Mancini and the team in their quest for honours this season."
Toure is expected to return to the City team as captain for Wednesday's Carling Cup fourth round tie against Wolves.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
so he gets himself banned for 6 months, Lescott comes in and plays great, we stick by him and this is how he repays us.

do one then Kolo, with you gone there's a spot in the backline for a world class upgrade.

Little harsh methinks, and I am no Kolo fan (especially after the diuretics).

Bottom line, he is not going to feature for us again. He realistically is our 4th CB (probably 5th come May). We likely would be looking to offload him in the summer anyway. If he can go to PSG to get a last payday good for him.

-- Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:03 pm --

MaChine said:
LoveCity said:
However if Bates' article on the club wanting to fine him half a million for his drugs ban is true (he's yet to retract the article and the club hasn't said they'd take action like they did with his Cook article) then you can't blame him too much. His days are almost numbered here either way, Savic is already more or less third choice CB I reckon.
Savic has little experience, it's hard to say what he is capable of.

he is capable of drawing against England's best twice.<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:04 pm --<br /><br />
MaChine said:
Perhaps in a year or two he will be able to replace Kolo, we'll see. it's likely on Wednesday he will get his chance. Practice makes perfect

Savic will replace Lescott this year. Bank on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.