Kompany "allegedly" out for 3-4 weeks (merged)

Kompany's biggest flaw in his game and reason for lot of injuries, specially groin ones is his too easy diving for tackles.

Specially on the way he is doing it, not sliding tackles but front "butt" ones with both legs up front. The resolute force he is doing it at met with sudden stopping after winning the ball or meeting opposition legs is too big pressure for groin muscles so it's not strange to see them injured.

It is a big concern and his career might never reach the highs his natural talent would lead to if these injuries continue.

Top CB is definitely needed to cover him .

4 weeks, ugh. Hopefully it'll turn out better than that, would like to have him back at least a game before the derby.

No question that we now have to get a decent CB in before the window closes. With Vinnie and Nasty out, and Kolo gone we're basically down to Lescott (happy there) and Dedryk (I'm sure he's good enough but I'm not sure we could rely on a run of good enough performances playing alongside Lescott.

We need a CB now and we know that Vinnie/Nasty are likely to suffer further injuries at some point with the number of games we're likely to play this season.

hopefully he will be back for the rags, we should be ok until then though

Far too much diving in. I think he takes the lead by example bravery and committment thing too far in this respect. He has the pace to stay with anyone and shepherd them away from danger. The injury on Monday being a prime example. Stay on your feet and stay on the pitch - free from injury and red cards.

Not good news.I agree with the diving in bit,maybe this will have him train and play a slightly different way but as effectively when he returns,I'm sure txiki is hot on the trail of a CB as we speak

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.