Kompany (do we need to find a replacement? )

I've stopped getting emotional about my hero, our club captain, & just want to say that, if it does happen that he has to retire/give up playing, that I hope our club will look after him & bring him here as a coach or something.

After Dunnie Vincent Kompany is my City inspiration. When I was ill he sent me a letter, all right I know it was just signed by him but, it kept me going through some extremely rough times. And although this will mean nothing to him I shall be reciprocating his gesture. My tears for him are now dried, my anger at that so & so personage, now banned is receding, so good night I'm off to write to Vinnie!!!

Gutted for him but he seems to be made of glass. A footballer can't avoid contact and certainly a defender can't!

Here was me thinking thank God Vinny just got a bang on the head and his legs are fine.

I'm sorry it's come to this but if a players body has got to the point where every little over stretch, every little fall awkwardly means weeks out, then I'm afraid his top flight career is over.

Brilliant captain, brilliant player and great man. But a total passenger nowadays and we aren't so much better than all our competitors that we can endlessly carry passengers.

So let's turn Kompany ( complete and utter liability for two seasons ) thread into a let's slag off a player who's played virtually every game for the last two seasons and played well in virtually all of them thread ! AK must wo Der what he's got to do to get any praise from some on this site. And by the way for the last time it is KOLAROV not KOLOROV !
VK being a liability it's not exactly his fault is it! He has had a horrific time with injuries to put it mildly.
Not sure AK has played well in virtually all games either.
Obviously Pep likes something in Kolarov
but a lot of us are struggling to see what that is....

Aren't you the one who thinks Yaya should be CB in place of Kompany ? Based on 1 game 7 years ago ?

OK.
You were the one saying don't experiment with Toure. You said if necessary put Sagna there. I pointed out that Toure had won the CL playing there. That's all. Neither are the answer permanently obviously. Perhaps you feel slightly embarrassed by the word 'experiment' as I was able to point out that he won the ultimate competition in that position - picked by our current manager. If so I'm sorry. Ok?

You were the one saying don't experiment with Toure. You said if necessary put Sagna there. I pointed out that Toure had won the CL playing there.
Yes, and for good reason, 1 played there a few times 7 years ago, and his team won the CL when he did, not him, the other played there on Saturday, and did a decent job, so forgive me thinking the one from Saturday is probably a better option.

Am I the only one who is slightly encouraged that it isnt a muscle strain and is something that any player would have probably got in the same circumstances. Just rotten luck, rather than his body failing this time IMO. If it was yet another muscle strain I think I would go along with the doom merchants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.