Kompany red card and appeal SUCCESSFUL

Re: Kompany red card and appeal

Manc in London said:
Vinny did not need to make such a challenge

I really don't understand this point of view?

If the ball is there to be won the player needs to try and win it.

Yes, he needs to win it fairly, but he needs to try and win it. If he does then there should be absolutely no reason for the ref to send him off - as was the case here.

What is the option? Don't make the tackle and let the opponent keep the ball?

Make the tackle every time. Get it right, take the plaudits, get it wrong, take the punishment.

What happened here was get it right, take the punishment. And that's quite frankly nonsense. Hopefully the ref will see sense and not try and crack on that he got it right.

Slicker than Sommeil said:
Perfectly good tackle.
Never a red.
Should be rescinded.

End of discussion.

Summed up well !!

SalfordCityBlue said:
Manc in London said:
Vinny did not need to make such a challenge

I really don't understand this point of view?

If the ball is there to be won the player needs to try and win it.

Yes, he needs to win it fairly, but he needs to try and win it. If he does then there should be absolutely no reason for the ref to send him off - as was the case here.

What is the option? Don't make the tackle and let the opponent keep the ball?

Make the tackle every time. Get it right, take the plaudits, get it wrong, take the punishment.

What happened here was get it right, take the punishment. And that's quite frankly nonsense. Hopefully the ref will see sense and not try and crack on that he got it right.

Spot on mate.

The day a captain of our club doesn't make a challenge like that will be the day i call for his head on a plate.

Great challenge, wrongly red carded and the ref needs to admit he got it wrong.

Dean is a brilliant ref and by far and away the best in the prem. Today, under extreme pressure from the Tarquins he stood his nerve and was brilliant throughout. Even with the red card I don't think you can call it a bad decision as such but he has got it wrong. That said I think there is about a ten per cent chance it will be rescinded on appeal but still worth a go.

I think Dermot coming out and saying what he has will be a big plus for us despite the fact that the appeals process has to been seen to be supporting refs who are vilified in many other ways making it harder to attract tomorrows refs.

Hopefully Dean will admit he got that one wrong and Vinny can play against Fulham.

BTW Was that hamstring clutch just cramp or did Vinny twinge his hammy in the " tackle".

i can't believe that some people are criticizing Kompany for this. I'm no expert, but I honestly can't see what else he can do. Goes in with 1 foot with the other trailing, goes low for the ball and wins it.

Shadz69 said:
If the opposition manager thought it was a fair tackle it has to be worth appealing.

We will appeal it but it would be better if Dean changed his view on the incident which I think he is man enough to do so.

The best refs come quick to the party and admit they got it wrong.

Didn't slide, studs DOWN, not two footed either. Basically he sat down, Arsenal guy slid in and he poked the ball away. If that isn't recinded then I'll be on the FA corruption bandwaggon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.