Kompany red card and appeal SUCCESSFUL

Re: Kompany red card and appeal

SalfordCityBlue said:
Manc in London said:
Vinny did not need to make such a challenge

I really don't understand this point of view?

If the ball is there to be won the player needs to try and win it.

Yes, he needs to win it fairly, but he needs to try and win it. If he does then there should be absolutely no reason for the ref to send him off - as was the case here.

What is the option? Don't make the tackle and let the opponent keep the ball?

Make the tackle every time. Get it right, take the plaudits, get it wrong, take the punishment.

What happened here was get it right, take the punishment. And that's quite frankly nonsense. Hopefully the ref will see sense and not try and crack on that he got it right.

Can you imagine the stick certain players would get on here if they pulled out of a tackle

mancity1 said:
Shadz69 said:
If the opposition manager thought it was a fair tackle it has to be worth appealing.

We will appeal it but it would be better if Dean changed his view on the incident which I think he is man enough to do so.

The best refs come quick to the party and admit they got it wrong.

Yes of course and hopefully Wengers comments will help him see that.

If this carries on soon defenders will only be there to make up the numbers on the pitch. Their job is to win the ball and distribute it to the team but how are they going to do that if every time they try they get a fucking red card. Obviously if they drop kick someone in the face they should be sent off but it will be a sad day for football if the sliding tackle dies out.

Listening to platts interview after the game if we appeal and lose Kompany won't get an extra game ban

Shadz69 said:
mancity1 said:
Shadz69 said:
If the opposition manager thought it was a fair tackle it has to be worth appealing.

We will appeal it but it would be better if Dean changed his view on the incident which I think he is man enough to do so.

The best refs come quick to the party and admit they got it wrong.

Yes of course and hopefully Wengers comments will help him see that.

It could be very helpful if he said it. I hope Dean will too, he's very decent ref, best in the league for me.

one of the angles on the telly shows it a perfect tackle.

another angle shows a trailing leg.

think we might be in trouble with an appeal. but looking at the games i'de appeal.

Great challenge and no intent on injuring the player, just trying to win the ball which he clearly did.

However, it was a two feet off the floor challenge so regardless of whether he won the ball or not, it would be still seen in the referee's eyes as a wreckless challenge (we all know it's a load a crap because it's a man's game etc but this is the way football is these days unfortunately).

If you look at the replay again and like Graeme Souness rightly said, it wasn't a two footed challenge where his two feet were in front of him, one was in front and the other was behind so is this wreckless, I don't know? but I would certainly appeal if I was Mancini although we do risk losing Vinnie for a further game if it isn't overturned.

Although technically yes, both feet were off the floor, I hardly think it was wreckless like a two footed "lunge" where the feet were off the floor and in front of the player, so maybe it's worth taking the risk of appealing?

waspish said:
Listening to platts interview after the game if we appeal and lose Kompany won't get an extra game ban

is that before he's seen this?:
BAgrVopCEAASauv.jpg

big blueballs said:
No way was it a red card, totally expect it to be overturned, the side view confirms it was one footed and the ball was taken cleanly

Agree totally, a perfect tackle........

If the red remains we may as well stop tackling in football because it is a utter disgrace

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.