Kompany red card and appeal SUCCESSFUL

Re: Kompany red card and appeal

BAgrDX7CEAA77gC.jpg:large

Very dangerous tackle.

Looking at Wilsheres feet in that above photo it looks like he is about to fall into the tackle.
His ankle is buckled already. Surely made it look worse than it was

Balti said:
waspish said:
Listening to platts interview after the game if we appeal and lose Kompany won't get an extra game ban

is that before he's seen this?:
BAgrVopCEAASauv.jpg

And what you have to remember in this picture is Kompany isn't moving forward, he's sitting down.

zeven said:

Very dangerous tackle.

Any Blue, seeing that pic and still claiming it was a 2 footed, both feet in the air challenge need to get their arses to fucking specsavers!

SalfordCityBlue said:
Manc in London said:
Vinny did not need to make such a challenge

I really don't understand this point of view?

If the ball is there to be won the player needs to try and win it.

Yes, he needs to win it fairly, but he needs to try and win it. If he does then there should be absolutely no reason for the ref to send him off - as was the case here.

What is the option? Don't make the tackle and let the opponent keep the ball?

Make the tackle every time. Get it right, take the plaudits, get it wrong, take the punishment.

What happened here was get it right, take the punishment. And that's quite frankly
nonsense. Hopefully the ref will see sense and not try and crack on that he got it right.

Vinny could have stood strong and won the ball and/or took Wilshere running into him. There was need for him to slide towards the player.For the record I think it was a fair tackle. However, it wasn't necessary to tackle the way he did.

Manc in London said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Manc in London said:
Vinny did not need to make such a challenge

I really don't understand this point of view?

If the ball is there to be won the player needs to try and win it.

Yes, he needs to win it fairly, but he needs to try and win it. If he does then there should be absolutely no reason for the ref to send him off - as was the case here.

What is the option? Don't make the tackle and let the opponent keep the ball?

Make the tackle every time. Get it right, take the plaudits, get it wrong, take the punishment.

What happened here was get it right, take the punishment. And that's quite frankly
nonsense. Hopefully the ref will see sense and not try and crack on that he got it right.

Vinny could have stood strong and won the ball and/or took Wilshere running into him. There was need for him to slide towards the player.For the record I think it was a fair tackle. However, it wasn't necessary to tackle the way he did.

You go tell him.

I think Wiltshire's reaction says it all, as Kompany holds his hamstring he seems more concerned that the red card is for him!

There'll be an awful lot more red cards this season if this is a benchmark.

blueinsa said:
zeven said:

Very dangerous tackle.

Any Blue, seeing that pic and still claiming it was a 2 footed, both feet in the air challenge need to get their arses to fucking specsavers!

I agree but there is another fixed frame from behind where when he goes in for the tackle both feet ARE of the ground

Andyc84 said:
I think Wiltshire's reaction says it all, as Kompany holds his hamstring he seems more concerned that the red card is for him!

There'll be an awful lot more red cards this season if this is a benchmark.

City must appeal - there is no way on earth an appeal should be considered frivolous. Even the bunch of cheats at the FA panel would have difficulty explaining an appeal as frivolous.

waspish said:
blueinsa said:
zeven said:

Very dangerous tackle.

I agree but there is another fixed frame from behind where when he goes in for the tackle both feet ARE of the ground

Show me any tackle in any game during which a player has always got at least 1 foot on the floor and i will be amazed.

Too much made of this both feet off the floor bollox now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.