Kompany to sign one year contract ... on reduced salary ?

Stones, Laporte, Otamendi, Kompany, Garcia and Mangala are the centre-backs we currently have on the books. As of next season we'll likely have sold Otamendi and replaced him with another CB. Kompany will be in reserve, second or third choice.

Lest we forget, there is also Adarabioyo and Sandler.

Really? is that not Virgil? You need to go and read the right script son.

Certainly in the top 5 or 6, alongside Terry, Adams, Campbell, Rio and Vidic. Kompany would've been by far the best of them all had he have been constantly fit, we'd probably have another title or two to our collection.

5/10 years from now we may be talking about Laporte being better than all of the aforementioned.

Certainly in the top 5 or 6, alongside Terry, Adams, Campbell, Rio and Vidic. Kompany would've been by far the best of them all had he have been constantly fit, we'd probably have another title or two to our collection.

5/10 years from now we may be talking about Laporte being better than all of the aforementioned.
I think Kompany started suffering niggling injuries at the height of his career. He can still turn back the clock on occasion and was magnificent against Arsenal in the cup final and Liverpool this season. He would have become the best centre-back in the world without those injuries blighting his career IMO.

A beast of a footballer and a gentle giant as a man.

Living legend.

Pleased with this if confirmed. Conscious also of the fact that Evey single squad place needs to be earned, but confident vinny still has something to offer at our level. Just has to refrain from diving in, conduct from the back rather than lead by example...ok, not going to happen with Vinny I guess!

Plus, I value him immensely as an adopted Mancunian and city legend, and want him around contributing to our city and club for decades.

Keep hearing otamendi is a target for top half Spanish clubs, even real and barca potentially, as backup, which may be hard for him to refuse. Could find ourselves needing another come summer regardless of Vinny's situation, if ota and mangala leave. That youngster at Ajax could be on the cards.

Pleased with this if confirmed. Conscious also of the fact that Evey single squad place needs to be earned, but confident vinny still has something to offer at our level. Just has to refrain from diving in, conduct from the back rather than lead by example...ok, not going to happen with Vinny I guess!

Plus, I value him immensely as an adopted Mancunian and city legend, and want him around contributing to our city and club for decades.

Keep hearing otamendi is a target for top half Spanish clubs, even real and barca potentially, as backup, which may be hard for him to refuse. Could find ourselves needing another come summer regardless of Vinny's situation, if ota and mangala leave. That youngster at Ajax could be on the cards.

Or Lascelles at Newcastle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.