Kompany to sign one year contract ... on reduced salary ?

I'm bemused with the idea of selling nico,he is a good player who knows the system and can slot in seamlessly,it's a no brainer to keep him

It depends how he feels about how much he is playing, and I guess also how much someone is prepared to offer. If (say) it was £30m for a 31 year old, I daresay City would bite their arm off.

That’s the fact that some can’t separate? We as fans totally love vinny for the player he has been and the guy he is, absolute legend in that sense. Pep looks at it from a sporting and professional way in that vinny spends more time injured than fit? Business is business and it seems a great compromise will be reached for the fans and vinny but I still wouldn’t be surprised to see another CB arrive this summer.

the good thing is we don't panic when vinny is out, weve got 3 excellent CBs as well as vinny , he can help when needed and help Eric and john develop ,win win for everybody ,the man is a fucking beast.

It depends how he feels about how much he is playing, and I guess also how much someone is prepared to offer. If (say) it was £30m for a 31 year old, I daresay City would bite their arm off.
Too costly to replace him,the youngsters aren't ready yet,for me he stays

I think Vinny’s presence as a an ambassador for our great club is also worth the contract
I see him as being fully settled in the NW so, if he wants to stay in football, it would undoubtedly be with us. If he wants pastures new career wise, then I still believe he will still be a regular visitor to watch us play

Would be the ideal situation for all parties. He's a few years away from retirement yet and when fit he's still a phenomenal player that fits into our style well and above all else a leader who can up the game of everyone else around him in big games when that leadership is needed.

At the same time, his injury record means he's no longer a key figure and therefore he can't be a top earner for the balance of the squad wage hierarchy. Kompany comes across as a realist, he knows he can't play every a game and we need somebodywith experience in the game and with the style of play who is willing to play backup who also has the quality our team and style demands, thats an almost impossible set of requirements to meet but kompany fits them all, we would be mental to allow him to leave and bring in somebody else who will fall short in at least one of the qualities.

Nobody wants to see vinny go, vinny doesnt want to go,I see this as the biggest no brainer going. A year by year rolling contract from now on until somebody decides it's no longer mutually beneficial.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.