Kompany to sign one year contract ... on reduced salary ?

I thought the most interesting part of Sam Lee's article (assuming it was true, and he's usually reliable) was the bit that City are desperate to keep him in some form or another. The club obviously value Vincent Kompany the person as much as we do.
And that is the crucial issue here.The person.
VK the player,is clearly ,no longer what he wa
And City have to be careful here...and look baaach to our scouse mates,when they were dominant in the 70s and 80s..old ..sage wise heads such as Bob Paisley were ruthlesswhen it came to replacing players...no time for misty eyed,season long Goodbyes....however popular the player was..they were replaced..and thats how it has to be with VK DS etc
Its a different ball game now,with bigger squads and more subs than the 70s/80s...ButWe are a different club now to....There is a reason why,ba k in the day City signed Peter Beardlsey,Peter Schmeical,Nigel Clough,Robbie Fowler ,Ali Berbnarbia,etc etc ...at the end of their careere,still names,still talented,but slow,and without the vitality that their youth turned into greatness.
Folk on here talking about Fodens time will come blah blah....the time is now.And we need a manager who will look at Manchester City as a long term project,not 3 years win as much as you can...there needs to be a clear path to the first team for our acadeny products.
Rant ovet.(prob gone OTT,but who gives a Fuck).

Great guy our Vinnie! Excellent news. Still a good option in our CB rotation.

I'm bemused with the idea of selling nico,he is a good player who knows the system and can slot in seamlessly,it's a no brainer to keep him

It is in theory, but if you're not playing for City and Real come in for you would you want to go? Yes, we could force him to stay - but that's not really City's way - Pep has said he has no interest in keeping people at the club who don't want to be there. So for me it's down to Nico and game time the rest of this season.

And that is the crucial issue here.The person.
VK the player,is clearly ,no longer what he wa
And City have to be careful here...and look baaach to our scouse mates,when they were dominant in the 70s and 80s..old ..sage wise heads such as Bob Paisley were ruthlesswhen it came to replacing players...no time for misty eyed,season long Goodbyes....however popular the player was..they were replaced..and thats how it has to be with VK DS etc
Its a different ball game now,with bigger squads and more subs than the 70s/80s...ButWe are a different club now to....There is a reason why,ba k in the day City signed Peter Beardlsey,Peter Schmeical,Nigel Clough,Robbie Fowler ,Ali Berbnarbia,etc etc ...at the end of their careere,still names,still talented,but slow,and without the vitality that their youth turned into greatness.
Folk on here talking about Fodens time will come blah blah....the time is now.And we need a manager who will look at Manchester City as a long term project,not 3 years win as much as you can...there needs to be a clear path to the first team for our acadeny products.
Rant ovet.(prob gone OTT,but who gives a Fuck).

I do. We ain't Dippers! We recognise the person and not the commodity.

If the contract reflects how much he plays, and if Kompany is comfortable with that, then that suits both, surely?

He is still taking a foreign spot as a player though, despite not being available most of the season. That spot could theoretically go to a player that could contribute more on the playing side. He has been a fantastic player for us and I don't think anyone would begrudge him an extra year but I suspect it's more for his leadership skills.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.