Kompany yellow card/worst decision of the season

kunaguero10

what a horrible bastard of a decision. complete joke, first foul, and it was just a nudge in the back when challenging for the ball. absolutely nothing in it, and wrong to book him (especially in the first 30 mins).

fortunately kompany was immense and didn't commit another foul, cos i was convinced that he was gonna get a second yellow.

BUT, all these shit decisions are mounting up, and with 1 more yellow kompany misses another game. another wrong red card decision like against the rags and he misses a third of the season (5 whole games!!).

pathetic decision, but I want to know what people see as the 'worst' decision against us this season. I think I may go for kompany's red against the rags, given the magnitude of the match, the timing in the game (just 12 minutes), the huge knock on effect it had, and also the fact it wasn't a foul!

Ps, does anyone else feel the rule where by each straight red results in an increasing games ban is wrong. For 2 innocuous yellows, the next red will result in a 4 game ban? if a player gets sent off twice, both for 2 yellows, then a straight red will be 5 games?? i don't agree with this rule

mansour's tow ropes said:
what a horrible bastard of a decision. complete joke, first foul, and it was just a nudge in the back when challenging for the ball. absolutely nothing in it, and wrong to book him (especially in the first 30 mins).

fortunately kompany was immense and didn't commit another foul, cos i was convinced that he was gonna get a second yellow.

BUT, all these shit decisions are mounting up, and with 1 more yellow kompany misses another game. another wrong red card decision like against the rags and he misses a third of the season (5 whole games!!).

pathetic decision, but I want to know what people see as the 'worst' decision against us this season. I think I may go for kompany's red against the rags, given the magnitude of the match, the timing in the game (just 12 minutes), the huge knock on effect it had, and also the fact it wasn't a foul!

Ps, does anyone else feel the rule where by each straight red results in an increasing games ban is wrong. For 2 innocuous yellows, the next red will result in a 4 game ban? if a player gets sent off twice, both for 2 yellows, then a straight red will be 5 games?? i don't agree with this rule

I think you may find that the totting up system on yellow cards has expired.

Not sure THAT is the rule, mate. Think two yellows = 1 match ban, whereas straight red = 3 match ban.

P.S. I think the worst decision of the season so far for City was Tevez choosing not to get off his arse in Munich. On the field, it was not getting the penalty against Chelsea for the foul on Silva. That game was the first loss, away to a significant competitor and it COMPLETELY changed a game where we would have gone UP 2-0 and possibly put the game away rather than losing.....and Lescott's "deliberate handball" with his arm across his chest in the same game is a very close second!

It certainly was an outrageous decision. Until Drenthe's horror challenge on Richards (only 'merited' a yellow), I was wondering what Everton had to do to get a yellow card last night. Lescott's yellow was a bit soft as well and I recall someone doing a poor challenge on Aguero near the end of the first half where we didn't even get a free kick.

But it was Peter Walton, so it was the least I expected.

I thought Balotelli's yellow against Spurs was a terrible decision as well.
I'm told Kolarov's yellow against Liverpool at Anfield was a joke, but I haven't seen it, so can't say for sure.

I don't even get worked up about it anymore.

ChicagoBlue said:

Not sure THAT is the rule, mate. Think two yellows = 1 match ban, whereas straight red = 3 match ban.
think he means if he gets sent off it will be third red card so will get 5 matches

ChicagoBlue said:

2 yellows = 1 match ban

But if this player was to then get a straight red = 4 match ban.

This is the case with balotelli, and if barry gets a straight red it will be 4 games too

mansour's tow ropes said:
ChicagoBlue said:

2 yellows = 1 match ban

But if this player was to then get a straight red = 4 match ban.

This is the case with balotelli, and if barry gets a straight red it will be 4 games too

Got it, sorry!<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:27 am --<br /><br />
reni800 said:
I'm told Kolarov's yellow against Liverpool at Anfield was a joke, but I haven't seen it, so can't say for sure.

Was not even a foul, let alone a yellow card!

Joke is the nicest word I can think of!!

Two definite penalties not given. Lescott pushed over as he was preparing to head it and the neville handball. All our defenders put their arms behind their back but he had his arm to the side and played the ball. I felt Walton wanted to send off one of our centre backs, ideally for 2 yellows that cant be appealed so his bias is exposed hence the yellows for innocuous tackles by VK and JL.

Many expected bias and incompetence from Walton and that's what he delivered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.