Kompany

nashark said:
Puyol is nowhere near enough agile, and has the best midfield in the world in front of him. If you'd have said Vidic, I may have been inclined to agree.

Agile enough though to skipper Barcelona for years and Spain to the Euros and the World Cup?

To use the line about the "best midfield in front of him" doesn't wash. Having AM's of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi means your defence has to be even better as none of them are box to box players.

You are doing him a huge disservice.

Grudgingly agree that Vidic is quality though.

Wonder what SAF thinks about Pique now...teehee!!!!

Vincent rightly deserves the credit he is getting but I though Lescott was a bit of an unsung hero today.

He has a lot to prove to this club but he was great today- the number of headers he won against Davies/Elmander was amazing and there could yet be a partnership there despite Kolo's good form.

Blue_Times said:
Vincent rightly deserves the credit he is getting but I though Lescott was a bit of an unsung hero today.

He has a lot to prove to this club but he was great today- the number of headers he won against Davies/Elmander was amazing and there could yet be a partnership there despite Kolo's good form.

Lescott was fantastic on Wednesday as well as today.

If Kolo is out for a while, he looks ready to step in.

Salford_Blue said:
nashark said:
Puyol is nowhere near enough agile, and has the best midfield in the world in front of him. If you'd have said Vidic, I may have been inclined to agree.

Agile enough though to skipper Barcelona for years and Spain to the Euros and the World Cup?

To use the line about the "best midfield in front of him" doesn't wash. Having AM's of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi means your defence has to be even better as none of them are box to box players.

You are doing him a huge disservice.

Grudgingly agree that Vidic is quality though.

Wonder what SAF thinks about Pique now...teehee!!!!

I agree that Puyol is a good defender, but ultimately he is limited. His heart makes up for his minor shortcomings thus catapulting him into the world class echelon. This is why he is captain. On ability alone, I believe Kompany is superior to him. As for the Barcelona midfield, have you seen them harry the opposition when the ball is lost.

I LOVE HIM !! (no homo lol)

Pique / Vidic / Kompany
^^ top 3 CBs in the world !

If you did'nt know what Vincent the Majestic one was all about after the Hamburg quarter then you're not really in it.

Before the start of the season I thought we were a centre half short of being a decent side. What do i know cos Vinny has been outstanding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.