Kompany

dctid said:
MCFC BOB said:
I'll give you Vidic, Luiz and Pique, Vermaelen and at a push Lucio. But Terry and Ferdinand are not better than Kompany for me.

Again it depends how you measure - as a Captain and what Terry does for Chelski and Camel gob has done for the rags over the years gives them the edge

Kompany is quality but for me not top 10 maybe in a year or so and playing in the Chumos League because that is the acid test simple as

Kompany is defo in the Top10 Worlds best CBs.

That doesnt depends how you rate Players, but if you look at his Qualitys its clear. And im with you when you say he needs to prove it in the CL, but the Champions League is in the first six Games weak than the PL, you forgot that. However, Kompany is having an Awesome ground Control a great mix of abillitys, you can put an other Defender at his Side and he still look good. Thats a proof of Quality. His only weak Point is the 'Positionplay' there is to much space sometimes. He aint have the Speed of Lucio, not the Timing of Terry and not the Strength of Vidic, but he has that all combinided, and is performing at highest Level.

Vincent Kompany is the best centre half in the world at the moment and has the potential to be for the next 5 years.

Thomas Vermaelen and John Terry..........................ffs.

balkanno said:
dctid said:
Again it depends how you measure - as a Captain and what Terry does for Chelski and Camel gob has done for the rags over the years gives them the edge

Kompany is quality but for me not top 10 maybe in a year or so and playing in the Chumos League because that is the acid test simple as

That doesnt depends how you rate Players, but if you look at his Qualitys its clear. And im with you when you say he needs to prove it in the CL, but the Champions League is in the first six Games weak than the PL, you forgot that. However, Kompany is having an Awesome ground Control a great mix of abillitys, you can put an other Defender at his Side and he still look good. Thats a proof of Quality. His only weak Point is the 'Positionplay' there is to much space sometimes. He aint have the Speed of Lucio, not the Timing of Terry and not the Strength of Vidic, but he has that all combinided, and is performing at highest Level.

We will find out how good he is next year when we play in the CL ans he is playing aginst the top 10 strikers in the world until then its pure speculation and blue tinted glasses

dctid said:
balkanno said:

We will find out how good he is next year when we play in the CL ans he is playing aginst the top 10 strikers in the world until then its pure speculation and blue tinted glasses

As opposed to playing against Drogba, Anelka, Torres, Carroll, Rooney, Van Persie?

Who will he meet in the CL that will give him more trouble than those strikers? Messi and Ronaldo that's it.

Yet again that load of bollocks that is the champions league being used as a measure on rating players.

WNRH said:
dctid said:

As opposed to playing against Drogba, Anelka, Torres, Carroll, Rooney, Van Persie?

Who will he meet in the CL that will give him more trouble than those strikers? Messi and Ronaldo that's it.

Yet again that load of bollocks that is the champions league being used as a measure on rating players.

Xavi - Iniesta - Eto - Villa - Ibrhamovich (although cant stand the twat) Higuano - Ribery - Sneider could probably name a few more if you want me too. Until Kompany plays against these types of players we wont know nor will you but hey ho you may still think it a load of bollocks that is the Champions League being used as a measure on rating players but the fact you missed out three world cup winners says more about you fookin lack of footballikng knowledge than mine.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:46 am --<br /><br />Forgot Robben who is a pretty handy player -

dctid said:
WNRH said:

Xavi - Iniesta - Eto - Villa - Ibrhamovich (although cant stand the twat) Higuano - Ribery - Sneider could probably name a few more if you want me too. Until Kompany plays against these types of players we wont know nor will you but hey ho you may still think it a load of bollocks that is the Champions League being used as a measure on rating players but the fact you missed out three world cup winners says more about you fookin lack of footballikng knowledge than mine.

PMSL are you serious? The likes of Eto'o, Villa, Ibrahimovich and Higuian are no more better than Drogba, Anelka, Torres, Berbatov, Rooney and Van Persie.

It was only last week that someone asked if Joe Hart was ready for the Champions League, this is the same Champions league that Fabianski, Szczesny and Gomez have played in this year.

The champions league is a fabulous competition but it is not the the be all and end all of how a player is rated as people are foolishly making out, the premier league is a much harder competition.

How the fuck does Luiz keep being mentioned in the same breath as Vinnie? Hes played what 5 games in the Prem? Long way to go before he is up there with our lad, stop buying into the fluffy hair FFS.

WNRH said:
dctid said:
Xavi - Iniesta - Eto - Villa - Ibrhamovich (although cant stand the twat) Higuano - Ribery - Sneider could probably name a few more if you want me too. Until Kompany plays against these types of players we wont know nor will you but hey ho you may still think it a load of bollocks that is the Champions League being used as a measure on rating players but the fact you missed out three world cup winners says more about you fookin lack of footballikng knowledge than mine.

PMSL are you serious? The likes of Eto'o, Villa, Ibrahimovich and Higuian are no more better than Drogba, Anelka, Torres, Berbatov, Rooney and Van Persie.

It was only last week that someone asked if Joe Hart was ready for the Champions League, this is the same Champions league that Fabianski, Szczesny and Gomez have played in this year.

The champions league is a fabulous competition but it is not the the be all and end all of how a player is rated as people are foolishly making out, the premier league is a much harder competition.

David Villa no better than Torres - is this the same Villa that kept the Tranny out of the World Cup Winning side and who was on the short list for the World Cup player of the tournament? (Not a single EPL player made it)

To be considered one of the best players in the world you have to perform at the highest level against the best players only the Chumps League or World Cup competitions can offer.

Hart is obviously ready for the Chumps LEague he ia a fookin international as is Kompany but neither are in the top 10 different argument both are more than good enough to play in the CL

How the fook anyone can be considered world class when they have won fook all is beyond me - Kompany has outstanding potential and is an outstanding Prem Centre back with puts him up there but to put him in the top 10 is bollocks<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:06 am --<br /><br />
TFC said:
How the fuck does Luiz keep being mentioned in the same breath as Vinnie? Hes played what 5 games in the Prem? Long way to go before he is up there with our lad, stop buying into the fluffy hair FFS.

There is a whole big fookin world outside of the Prem and disregarding everything he has done outside of the prem is pure ignorance

Personally i think they are both quality - think Luiz is more of a footballer and Vinny a better defender but both are shit hot.

Best CB in the country at this moment, wouldn't want anyone else.

I really hope Kompany becomes our John Terry, we need a born leader and a captain, Vinny is the man. everything about him on and off the pitch, couldn't be any more professional.

balkanno said:
1. Lucio (Nothing there to say, he is the best of all)
2. Puyol (Also on the best Level, not much to talk bout)
3. Vidic (Great in Duells, but cant play opening Balls, not at all)
4. Kompany (Left to much space sometimes, still he an awesome ground Control)
5. Pique (The quickest after Lucio, but sometimes just miles away from duells)
6. Terry (Best timing after Lucio, but the slowest)
7. Chelinni
8. Carvalo
9. Hummels
10. Kolarov =)
Pique quick? Nah, dude is slow as hell. Kolarov a CD? Since when?<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:21 pm --<br /><br />
MCFC BOB said:
dctid said:
I can name a few

Vidic
Terry
Luiz
Lucio
Rio Ferdenand (when fit)
Vermaelen
Pique

are some i can think off - it diffucult to compare because different leagues demand different qualities - he is one of the best in the prem no doubt but not top 10 in the world
I'll give you Vidic, Luiz and Pique, Vermaelen and at a push Lucio. But Terry and Ferdinand are not better than Kompany for me.

I am sorry, I am one of the biggest Luiz fans, but he is not as good as Kompany defensively. Not even close.

Lucio, Silva, Vidic, Puyol, Carvahlo, Pique, Kompany, Terry, Chelieni, Luiz, Hummels, Benatia, Rolando, Nesta, Vermelen, Abidal, Pepe, Otamendi, Luisao, Subotic, Sahko, Mexes, Zapata, Ferdinand, Gallas, Dawson, Pepe, Badsuber, Rahmi, Ignashevich.

These are probably 30 of the Best CDs in the world. And I reckon Kompany is better than at least 2/3 of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.