Kompany

blueinsa said:
As much as it pains me to say it Vidic is the best in this country at the moment.

Kompany was magnificent yesterday an was my man of the match by a mile.

A Kompany/Vidic pairing would be nice to see please ;-)

That said, Lescott isn't too shabby at the moment either.

Kompany has been better than Vidic for a while now. Don't get me wrong for me they are the two best defenders in the league for me but Vidic is prone to making mistakes and daft tackles whereas Kompany is more reliable in the tackle

I don't think Kompany mistimes many tackles where Vidic in recent weeks has been sent off against Chelsea and should have been sent off on Saturday. In the air he's outstanding, his reading of the game most of the time is outstanding but he commits himself to tackles far too often and gets caught out whereas Kompany doesn't

Failsworth_Blue said:
blueinsa said:
As much as it pains me to say it Vidic is the best in this country at the moment.

Kompany has been better than Vidic for a while now. Don't get me wrong for me they are the two best defenders in the league for me but Vidic is prone to making mistakes and daft tackles whereas Kompany is more reliable in the tackle

I don't think Kompany mistimes many tackles where Vidic in recent weeks has been sent off against Chelsea and should have been sent off on Saturday. In the air he's outstanding, his reading of the game most of the time is outstanding but he commits himself to tackles far too often and gets caught out whereas Kompany doesn't

Like you have said mate, the 2 best CB's by a country mile.

I don't see the same weakness in Vidic as you do mate but im certainly not going to argue over it as it's Kompany that matters and we all agree he is top class.

I am still smiling now at Vinnie's performance :-)

Failsworth_Blue said:
blueinsa said:

I agree, vidic is good but makes rash challenges, gets sent off a lot and is terrified by anyone with pace. He is also helped a lot by the smackheads pace and ability to read the game.

Vinny has everything to be the best for years

CTID

Failsworth_Blue said:
blueinsa said:

Vidic is class with anything in the air and anything close to him. However, when he's facing a forward with pace and without the cover of other defenders he flaps like a fish and invariably tries to rugby tackle them to the ground.

Kompany doesn't need to be playing in the Champions League to prove his worth just like Giggs didn't need a World Cup to prove his.

If Vidic got pulled up every time he fouled someone he'd be in serious trouble defensively. He defends by shirt pulling and grabbing, that's the only way he keeps players in check. If he was pulled up for this every time I think you'd see an average-good defender who can, on occasion, tackle well and is pretty useful in the air.

I very rarely see Kompany shirt grab, he has pace but most of all his reading of the game is excellent. The only chance Roony got all game at the Swamp was his goal because of the deflection off Zab causing Kompany to slip. No slip, no goal, Komps heads clear and it's all good. He had Rooney in his pocket all game and the frustration was clear for all to see in Rooney's body language.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
If Vidic got pulled up every time he fouled someone he'd be in serious trouble defensively. He defends by shirt pulling and grabbing, that's the only way he keeps players in check. If he was pulled up for this every time I think you'd see an average-good defender who can, on occasion, tackle well and is pretty useful in the air.

I very rarely see Kompany shirt grab, he has pace but most of all his reading of the game is excellent. The only chance Roony got all game at the Swamp was his goal because of the deflection off Zab causing Kompany to slip. No slip, no goal, Komps heads clear and it's all good. He had Rooney in his pocket all game and the frustration was clear for all to see in Rooney's body language.

I think this is what sets him apart from other defenders and at such a young age too. His anticipation and understanding of how the play in front of him is going to break is truly sublime.

I'd take Kompany over Vidic anyday. Vidic is a top defender - in terms of defending. Tough. Combative. But Kompany is overall - the better player. He can defend equally as tough, but is far more composed on the ball. His reading of the game is getting better every week and he is going to mature into one of if not the best centre halves in world football. Without a doubt.

the best thing about him is that he has definitely caught the blue bug. his wife is a Manc and their first kid was born here. unlike other star players I don't think there is any danger of him rocking the boat and wanting out to Spain.

Project said:
the best thing about him is that he has definitely caught the blue bug. his wife is a Manc and their first kid was born here. unlike other star players I don't think there is any danger of him rocking the boat and wanting out to Spain.

And the second best thing about him is his physique!! Did you see him as he came off the pitch last night without his shirt on........... WOW!! :-)

But seriously, the man can do no wrong in my eyes, he is a fantastic player and my vote for player of the season is going to Vinnie Kompany.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.