Kompany

And the even better news is that Boyata looks like Kompany jnr and with Komps showing him the ropes at club and country level he could also turn out to be a first class CB. He already looks as comfortable as Vinnie with the ball at his feet, just needs to learn the reading of the game to match. (That is the hardest bit though!)

TFC said:
How the fuck does Luiz keep being mentioned in the same breath as Vinnie? Hes played what 5 games in the Prem? Long way to go before he is up there with our lad, stop buying into the fluffy hair FFS.

To be fair he does look a great buy, however to be considered the best you have to be measured against all types of forward play. Against us he looked comfy and composed as we tried to play narrow through them. On Sat wow, he got a rude awakening, Stoke targeted him, took the play away from Terry and he was found wanting, next time maybe he will know whats coming. Too early to be putting him in the same bracket as Vinnie, Vidic and Terry.

Kompany is a tremendous pro , and a top player ...... he was a great signing ..... and to be fair Lescott has also looked to be a good signing lately too , it won't be easy for Kolo to get back in the side !

black mamba said:
Kompany is a tremendous pro , and a top player ...... he was a great signing ..... and to be fair Lescott has also looked to be a good signing lately too , it won't be easy for Kolo to get back in the side !

lescott is in good form, but i believe hes not in his best.
we havn't give him a chance to shine as of now, strongest defence in the prem when mica is back.

MCFC BOB said:
dctid said:
I can name a few

Vidic
Terry
Luiz
Lucio
Rio Ferdenand (when fit)
Vermaelen
Pique

are some i can think off - it diffucult to compare because different leagues demand different qualities - he is one of the best in the prem no doubt but not top 10 in the world
I'll give you Vidic, Luiz and Pique, Vermaelen and at a push Lucio. But Terry and Ferdinand are not better than Kompany for me.

You say Luiz and Vermaelen but say Lucio at a push? Lucio is the best in the World and has been for a few years now. Vermaelen has done nothing yet.

PSmyth07 said:
MCFC BOB said:
I'll give you Vidic, Luiz and Pique, Vermaelen and at a push Lucio. But Terry and Ferdinand are not better than Kompany for me.

You say Luiz and Vermaelen but say Lucio at a push? Lucio is the best in the World and has been for a few years now. Vermaelen has done nothing yet.

No way in hell is Terry a better centre back than Vinnie.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
PSmyth07 said:

No way in hell is Terry a better centre back than Vinnie.

?? I never said he was. :)

For me Kompany is probably the best Center Back in the league at the moment. So that would almost certainly put him in the top ten.

The only player that comes close to him at the moment is Vidic, but as some on here have already said, Vidic has glaring weaknesses (as does Terry).

You have Ferdinand and King, who when fit are also top class in my opinion but they haven't been fit for two years, so how can anyone say they are up there with Kompany?

Dawson, Cahill, Lescott, Jagielka, Hangeland, Kolo Toure, Skrtel, and maybe the two lads at Birmingham Dann, & Johnson are all very good defenders but again they don't come close to Kompany.

Luiz and Vermahlen? They both have a lot to learn and have the potential to be two of the best in the league, but they are no way near it yet.

In my opinion of course.

For me VK should be captain...he is easily our best player and has become a colossus at CB...fantastic winning mentality too judging by his interview aired before the game...lets clone the fucker, and NDJ too...we would win everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.