Kompany

Kompany has been fantastic again this season. But so has Lescott. Rarely do either of these guys have a bad game. But would we consider Lescott as one of the best in the world?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SRkmFPt-sQ[/youtube]

Centre backs aren't meant to be able to do that

pudge said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SRkmFPt-sQ[/youtube]

Centre backs aren't meant to be able to do that

shades of silva in the derby

In the tunnel before the game yesterday Vinnie was stood looking back at the team. He does it on tunnel cam when waiting for everyone to assemble.

What that tells me is that he is the leader, he is the main man and every player we have knows Vinny is the boss on the pitch. They go onto the pitch when Vinny says and to a man i think they all love him as a man and as a captain.

He is our best skipper since Tony Book, our best centre half ever and that includes two of my favorite ever players Dave Watson and Mick Doyle.

He is immense as a leader, but also any of you who follow him on twitter will know, he is an intelligent thoughful man as well.

-- Mon May 07, 2012 12:25 pm --

Ed2607 said:
Kompany by a country mile. Not only on the field but off as well. He is dignified, intelligent, a clear leader and has a special affinity for City and our fans. Hart and him have a rapport that I have never witnessed in any side between keeper and defender. That alone is very special.

hmmm Vincent Kompany better than Thiago Silva? not only that but by a country mile?
Come on now.[/quote]

IMO absolutely. I'm looking at the complete package and Viny for me is the complete package, defensive qualities, ability, commitment on the field, influence on the tam and in the dressing room, leadership, intelligence, humility, loyalty and desire. I ask mysel would I swap Viny for T Silva and the answer is categorically no! Imo we have the best cb/captain in the world. Period

Ed2607 said:

Ed2607 said:
Kompany by a country mile. Not only on the field but off as well. He is dignified, intelligent, a clear leader and has a special affinity for City and our fans. Hart and him have a rapport that I have never witnessed in any side between keeper and defender. That alone is very special.

hmmm Vincent Kompany better than Thiago Silva? not only that but by a country mile?
Come on now.

IMO absolutely. I'm looking at the complete package and Viny for me is the complete package, defensive qualities, ability, commitment on the field, influence on the tam and in the dressing room, leadership, intelligence, humility, loyalty and desire. I ask mysel would I swap Viny for T Silva and the answer is categorically no! Imo we have the best cb/captain in the world. Period[/quote]

You are judging with some thoughtfulness but the euphoria which has rightfully over taken your fans and you cloud your judgement.

He is not the best center backs in the world and many other neutrals and some man city fans would acknowledge that. Like someone said, lescott has been as good..is he one of the best.<br /><br />-- Mon May 07, 2012 3:00 pm --<br /><br />
Blue>Red said:
istillovemikeriley said:
Way to twist my words to fit the logic you put in your head. I'm just saying, John Terry as much as we non chelsea fans hate him is Chelseas Kompany and has been doing it for years.
I dont hate John Terry, im just making the point players should be judged on ability, and at this present time I dont think theres a better centre half in the world than vinnie, I think Terry is a class centre half, but wouldnt have him in my top 3 centre halves anymore

Which 3 center backs are better than John terry? That is a laughable statement.

istillovemikeriley said:
Ed2607 said:

Ed2607 said:

Come on now.

IMO absolutely. I'm looking at the complete package and Viny for me is the complete package, defensive qualities, ability, commitment on the field, influence on the tam and in the dressing room, leadership, intelligence, humility, loyalty and desire. I ask mysel would I swap Viny for T Silva and the answer is categorically no! Imo we have the best cb/captain in the world. Period

You are judging with some thoughtfulness but the euphoria which has rightfully over taken your fans and you cloud your judgement.

He is not the best center backs in the world and many other neutrals and some man city fans would acknowledge that. Like someone said, lescott has been as good..is he one of the best.

-- Mon May 07, 2012 3:00 pm --

Blue>Red said:
istillovemikeriley said:
Way to twist my words to fit the logic you put in your head. I'm just saying, John Terry as much as we non chelsea fans hate him is Chelseas Kompany and has been doing it for years.
I dont hate John Terry, im just making the point players should be judged on ability, and at this present time I dont think theres a better centre half in the world than vinnie, I think Terry is a class centre half, but wouldnt have him in my top 3 centre halves anymore

Which 3 center backs are better than John terry? That is a laughable statement.[/quote]

Unfortunately your statement in relation to a clouded view couldn't be further from the truth. Ive been a City fan going on 50 years so I have no illusions of grandure and like most other true fans nor do I aspire to any. I love my team and my answer is based on fair opinion without poking malice at any other player. My reply was sensible and accurate and as you are a Terry fan I will not state the obvious as to why Viny epitomises the ultimate CB and captain, purely out of respect to you as it could only be concluded by insulting Terry. However, not everyone on here will gave the same passive attitude as me so be warned that JT is not the most popular figure in City land to put it politely :-)

istillovemikeriley said:
Which 3 center backs are better than John terry? That is a laughable statement.

i would smugly like to bump this thread after last nights events:

Luis%2BSuarez%2Bof%2BLiverpool%2Band%2BJohn%2BTerry%2Bof%2BChelsea%2Bcompete

Liverpool-v-Chelsea-John-Terry_2762019.jpg

article-2140892-12FE5BAA000005DC-495_634x458.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.