Kompany

I've just had a thought, (it happens, live with it, I have to!!)....................... when Vinnie is fit to play will he have to wait in line, I was reading an article in the MEN purporting to be an interview with Fernandinho, stating that NO ONE in the City squad is safe to retain their place. Vinnie hasn't played for a few games now so, Captain or not Captain, he may have to fight for his place.

It's only fair after all; Micah Richards didn't come straight back into the side and there are others who have not managed to be reinstated immediately.

Eccles Blue said:
I've just had a thought, (it happens, live with it, I have to!!)....................... when Vinnie is fit to play will he have to wait in line, I was reading an article in the MEN purporting to be an interview with Fernandinho, stating that NO ONE in the City squad is safe to retain their place. Vinnie hasn't played for a few games now so, Captain or not Captain, he may have to fight for his place.

It's only fair after all; Micah Richards didn't come straight back into the side and there are others who have not managed to be reinstated immediately.

No he won't have to wait in line. As soon as Vinnie is fit he will be straight back in our team. The only slight doubt would be if the opposition isn't very good and we save him for a bigger game.

If you think Vinnie would be fit for the spurs game and MP wouldn't play him cos Nastasic and Dimichelis are playing well then you're wrong

Eccles Blue said:

The story is from the Guardian and also quotes Pellers as stating the 'two players for everyone position' philosophy. It may be a rubbish rumour from the Metro but the alleged £25m for the Galatasary keeper does make you wonder. It is also stated that probably no Hart until Spurs at the earliest, by when he may have been dropped/rested by England. Also something about Kompany not having an operation that I couldn't fathom as it seemed to imply 'the doctor' said he should [have an operation]. Overall, Pellers seems to be quietly ruthless and 'not before time'. January could be interesting...

The Fat el Hombre said:
Eccles Blue said:

No he won't have to wait in line. As soon as Vinnie is fit he will be straight back in our team. The only slight doubt would be if the opposition isn't very good and we save him for a bigger game.

If you think Vinnie would be fit for the spurs game and MP wouldn't play him cos Nastasic and Dimichelis are playing well then you're wrong

I wasn't suggesting he would play in any particular game, he will be brought back when he is ready or Pellegrini thinks he is ready.

My question was if he would be made to wait in line because of what Fernandinho has allegedly said in the MEN. Believing what the papers say is not one of my attributes, I distrust them entirely but it was just a thought I had that if Pellegrini has intimated that every player has to fight for their place then Kompany should have to as well surely? JMHO

EDIT: I'm sorry I misunderstood the last sentence in your post. Sorry. No offence intended. I knew I shouldn't have had a thought!!! I've got to come back down to the real World!! ;-)

Eccles Blue said:

I appreciate what you're saying but when the best captain and CB in the league is available he will come back into the side instantly. Fernandinho was clearly just making out we have strength in depth which is true but in reality we all know Vinny is an exception to the rule. He is head and shoulders our best defender and i cant wait to see him back.

I really hope he doesn't get risked for international games for Belgium

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.