Kompany

coleridge said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Cobwebcat said:
This doesn't sound good....

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/pre...ty-belgium-don-t-like-each-others-kompany.php

Manchester City and Belgium are at loggerheads over the severity of Vincent Kompany's latest injury.

The centre-half, who captains club and country, has not played since limping off against Everton last month.

While the Blues maintain that his absence can be attributed to a thigh injury, members of the national side's medical team insist that Kompany is once again hampered by a groin complaint - a far more serious prognosis, given the player's track record with muscle ailments.

With another international break on its way, Kompany is likely to be assessed by Belgium once again.

A source close to the club admitted City are doing their best to down-play the extent of this latest setback, saying: "Vincent has struggled with muscle injuries for the best part of a year now.

"It is clear for all to see that he keeps breaking down. The Belgians had it right when they said it wasn't his thigh. It's actually the upper part of his groin and it is causing him all kinds of problems.

"He isn't able to participate in training at the moment and it is hard to put a specific date on his comeback."

That makes me feel a bit sick.

He's going to have an operation, isn't he, and be out for months.

I repeat that Pellers said that the 'doctor' said he needed an op but the 'club' did not agree. We both know what's going to happen now. After a year or two of arsing around, it's about time that it was sorted. Could be out for months but I fail to see a better alternative. Obviously, Belgium are thinking it should be sorted now and then he will be ready for the World Cup. The club are just worried about the games coming up before, say the January transfer window. You can see both sides but there is going to be only one winner and that's the 'doctor'.

As it should be.

coleridge said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Cobwebcat said:

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/pre...ty-belgium-don-t-like-each-others-kompany.php

Manchester City and Belgium are at loggerheads over the severity of Vincent Kompany's latest injury.

The centre-half, who captains club and country, has not played since limping off against Everton last month.

While the Blues maintain that his absence can be attributed to a thigh injury, members of the national side's medical team insist that Kompany is once again hampered by a groin complaint - a far more serious prognosis, given the player's track record with muscle ailments.

With another international break on its way, Kompany is likely to be assessed by Belgium once again.

A source close to the club admitted City are doing their best to down-play the extent of this latest setback, saying: "Vincent has struggled with muscle injuries for the best part of a year now.

"It is clear for all to see that he keeps breaking down. The Belgians had it right when they said it wasn't his thigh. It's actually the upper part of his groin and it is causing him all kinds of problems.

"He isn't able to participate in training at the moment and it is hard to put a specific date on his comeback."

I repeat that Pellers said that the 'doctor' said he needed an op but the 'club' did not agree. We both know what's going to happen now. After a year or two of arsing around, it's about time that it was sorted. Could be out for months but I fail to see a better alternative. Obviously, Belgium are thinking it should be sorted now and then he will be ready for the World Cup. The club are just worried about the games coming up before, say the January transfer window. You can see both sides but there is going to be only one winner and that's the 'doctor'.

Where/when did he say this Coleridge?

I think it was after Saturday's game, and it was a radio interview as I remember. I just have the quote in my head. Reading the article today just confirmed that I was not dreaming.

How long would any operation see him sidelined for? Ideally for all involved we can try to use him until January when we could invest in further cover. So long as that doesnt significantly affect him. Surely a groin op would not have a massive recovery time, although any time out of the side is time too long when Kompany is involved.

Eccles Blue said:
I'll believe the offical website and no one else when it comes to 'news' about anyone in our team.

It must have been on 5Live. You believe what you want, mate. I said this a couple of days ago. As there seems to be a tug-of-love going on, the official website is unlikely to be broadcasting it, is it?

Hope this is not true as we will be in serious trouble if with have to rely on the current incumbents in defence for the rest of the season!

coleridge said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Cobwebcat said:

Oh fucking hell. We went through all that shite with the previous management.

I don't like this one little bit. Where did you hear it?

We should go back in for Agger and make it stick this time. A Kompany operation is a potential season de-railer, quite literally the difference between trophies or no trophies, winning the league or not.

adrianr said:
We should go back in for Agger and make it stick this time. A Kompany operation is a potential season de-railer, quite literally the difference between trophies or no trophies, winning the league or not.

I'd be a lot more pissed off if it was kun,we will be ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.