Kompany

GX Blue said:
Eccles Blue said:
I've just had a thought, (it happens, live with it, I have to!!)....................... when Vinnie is fit to play will he have to wait in line, I was reading an article in the MEN purporting to be an interview with Fernandinho, stating that NO ONE in the City squad is safe to retain their place. Vinnie hasn't played for a few games now so, Captain or not Captain, he may have to fight for his place.

It's only fair after all; Micah Richards didn't come straight back into the side and there are others who have not managed to be reinstated immediately.

I appreciate what you're saying but when the best captain and CB in the league is available he will come back into the side instantly. Fernandinho was clearly just making out we have strength in depth which is true but in reality we all know Vinny is an exception to the rule. He is head and shoulders our best defender and i cant wait to see him back.

You mean VInnie has also started advertising shampoo.................... sorry, I'll get my coat don't worry!! ;-)

This doesn't sound good....

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/pre...ty-belgium-don-t-like-each-others-kompany.php

Manchester City and Belgium are at loggerheads over the severity of Vincent Kompany's latest injury.

The centre-half, who captains club and country, has not played since limping off against Everton last month.

While the Blues maintain that his absence can be attributed to a thigh injury, members of the national side's medical team insist that Kompany is once again hampered by a groin complaint - a far more serious prognosis, given the player's track record with muscle ailments.

With another international break on its way, Kompany is likely to be assessed by Belgium once again.

A source close to the club admitted City are doing their best to down-play the extent of this latest setback, saying: "Vincent has struggled with muscle injuries for the best part of a year now.

"It is clear for all to see that he keeps breaking down. The Belgians had it right when they said it wasn't his thigh. It's actually the upper part of his groin and it is causing him all kinds of problems.

"He isn't able to participate in training at the moment and it is hard to put a specific date on his comeback."

Cobwebcat said:

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/pre...ty-belgium-don-t-like-each-others-kompany.php

Manchester City and Belgium are at loggerheads over the severity of Vincent Kompany's latest injury.

The centre-half, who captains club and country, has not played since limping off against Everton last month.

While the Blues maintain that his absence can be attributed to a thigh injury, members of the national side's medical team insist that Kompany is once again hampered by a groin complaint - a far more serious prognosis, given the player's track record with muscle ailments.

With another international break on its way, Kompany is likely to be assessed by Belgium once again.

A source close to the club admitted City are doing their best to down-play the extent of this latest setback, saying: "Vincent has struggled with muscle injuries for the best part of a year now.

"It is clear for all to see that he keeps breaking down. The Belgians had it right when they said it wasn't his thigh. It's actually the upper part of his groin and it is causing him all kinds of problems.

"He isn't able to participate in training at the moment and it is hard to put a specific date on his comeback."

Sport Direct News? Hardly a source which is known for it's good sources ... :)

Cobwebcat said:

Rather than who is right or wrong, I hope both City and Belgium realize they both profit from an injuryfree Kompany, so they better start working together and exchange ideas over the extend of the injury rather than logg horns. Simply said: Do yur fooking job, both of ye.

BillyShears said:
Cobwebcat said:

I hope they're wrong but something doesn't seem right at the moment. It sounds (if true) like both sides know what's wrong but it suits us to cover it up while the Belgians aren't particularly interested in going along with it.

Cobwebcat said:

That makes me feel a bit sick.

He's going to have an operation, isn't he, and be out for months.

Cobwebcat said:
BillyShears said:
Cobwebcat said:

I hope they're wrong but something doesn't seem right at the moment. It sounds (if true) like both sides know what's wrong but it suits us to cover it up while the Belgians aren't particularly interested in going along with it.

next, the national news brought to you by Wonga.com

Stoned Rose said:
'A source close to the club said'.

Lolz.

If I worked at the club and wanted to leak some news, sportsdirectnews.com would probably be my first port of call too.

Didsbury Dave said:
Cobwebcat said:

That makes me feel a bit sick.

He's going to have an operation, isn't he, and be out for months.

I repeat that Pellers said that the 'doctor' said he needed an op but the 'club' did not agree. We both know what's going to happen now. After a year or two of arsing around, it's about time that it was sorted. Could be out for months but I fail to see a better alternative. Obviously, Belgium are thinking it should be sorted now and then he will be ready for the World Cup. The club are just worried about the games coming up before, say the January transfer window. You can see both sides but there is going to be only one winner and that's the 'doctor'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.