Kompany

Joburg Hero said:
No, Mangala is the future. Nastasic is a potentially great CB, one of the best prospects in the world, but Mangala is something else, literally, he'll go on to be the best CB in the world by some distance. He's already the third best CB in the world as it stands. Kompany and Mangala first choice, with Nastasic for injury cover/rotation is perfect. Top teams don't have liabilities like Lescott as cover.
Lescotts a liability really

Joburg Hero said:
samharris said:
I personally think we played better at the back after Vinnie went off..

just sayin' like.
We did, but that's because Nastasic was moved to mark Lukaku and Lescott was forced away. Pellegrini made a mistake today, he gave Lukaku too much respect and picked Lescott to deal with him. Nastasic proved what a class act he is, not needing a huge physical presence to deal with a player like Lukaku. Lescott was picked to match Lukaku physically, which he did, but Lukaku is more than just a physical player, which is why Nastasic would have been more comfortable in dealing with him.

Lescott was moved to accommodate nastasic as they both play on the left.

Lescott is more experienced and therefore moved.

They both, equally dealt with lukaku well, no need for subtle digs at lescott

forevermancity said:
Joburg Hero said:
samharris said:
I personally think we played better at the back after Vinnie went off..

just sayin' like.
We did, but that's because Nastasic was moved to mark Lukaku and Lescott was forced away. Pellegrini made a mistake today, he gave Lukaku too much respect and picked Lescott to deal with him. Nastasic proved what a class act he is, not needing a huge physical presence to deal with a player like Lukaku. Lescott was picked to match Lukaku physically, which he did, but Lukaku is more than just a physical player, which is why Nastasic would have been more comfortable in dealing with him.

Well said

rastus said:
forevermancity said:
Joburg Hero said:

Well said

The OP makes a point though... Rarely does matchin physical attributes ever work out in the center of the pitch. Maybe out wide. But you play your best players in the middle of the field and let their talents take care of business. Matching strength for strength is not a very smart piece of business.

baldybouncer said:
gmckennasell said:
We have 2 very capable defenders in komps and richards , but their injury records are becoming a joke , maybe the physios and the medical team at the club need a kick up the arse , not the players.

... and of course you are a leading light in the field of physiotherapy and sports injuries![/

, i have a fully stocked first aid kit , and i have watched loads of episodes of casualty , not forgetting my annual visit to the gym , (usually the 1st week after xmas , after signing up for a 12 months membership) , so i will give the club my contact details , do you think a blue flashing light on my ford transit would be a bit over the top?

Can I just say, that I was one of the few predicting just this scenario. whilst others were calling me disloyal/rag etc - i was warning about just this. And now we've got to play Lescott - just about the worst defender in the PL. He's always been exceptionally ordinary IMO - now he's a laughing stock - truly embarrassing.

Nastisic is like a fish out of water without his leader next to him - understandable as he's only young and still learning.

Demichellis? Who? And we're expecting this guy with no PL experience to wander in if/when he's fit and be ready for the FA Cup semi-final/CL quarter final/ PL run in? Crazy.

We knew this could and probably would happen again this Season, but yet again failed to address it.

Just like the ACON when Yaya goes - what then at holding midfield? Oh, at least we've got x6 forwards................

It isnt good enough.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Just like the ACON when Yaya goes - what then at holding midfield? Oh, at least we've got x6 forwards...............

Luckily there is no ACON until 2015, by which point Yaya will probably have retired from international football (after the World Cup).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.