Kun Aguero 16

Vienna_70 said:
Thanks, clubfoot and C-MCFC.

-- Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:04 am --

cookster said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
According to the online store that is what his shirt will be

They were selling shit loads at the stadium store yesterday so I would hope so LOL.

Don't like to criticize our great club but you would have thought they would have anticpated a large number of fans turning up for the shirt. However the queues for printing were horrendous!

And how many printing machines were there?

If one or more was out of commission, then it's fair enough to criticise, but if they were all working, I don't think anyone can call the club.

After all, there are days when hardly anyone is there wanting shirt printing, so there's no point in having too many machines.

And after all, it was the first Saturday after the lad was signed, so it's not really surprising that it was very busy.

i went to the city store and only had to wait 10 mins max also free printing to celebrate the new signing well done city !

Got the lads shirt yesterday, he is definately having Kun Aguero (with dots), he is definitely having 16 this season and while you can have the CL badge and respect badge, only Premier league numbers are available for now. CL Numbers from late August apparently. All other players numbers are susceptible to change (although some are clearly unlikely) this was the official line from the club yesterday.

Don't know if that helps anyone but there you have it.

Wish we'd fucked Ade off and given Aguero 9, sounds better from a marketing point of view. Doesn't really make much difference though.

took about an hour to get my shirt printed yesterday, watched the f1 qualifying on my phone while i was waiting, most popular was kun aguero 16, but a fair few kompany and yaya shirts being done as well. the lad who did mine took ages , the girls were far quicker.

shinpads said:
took about an hour to get my shirt printed yesterday, watched the f1 qualifying on my phone while i was waiting, most popular was kun aguero 16, but a fair few kompany and yaya shirts being done as well. the lad who did mine took ages , the girls were far quicker.

the small blond bird did my shirt printing.

179389000_d7e4f10878.jpg

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
shinpads said:

179389000_d7e4f10878.jpg

the one in the city shirt? giggedy !

shinpads said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
shinpads said:

179389000_d7e4f10878.jpg

the one in the city shirt? giggedy !

giggedy indeed friend, giggedy indeed....

You guys know nothing, it's all about the cute short haired girl with the reddish hair at the market street store!

raininspain said:
Vienna_70 said:
Bristol-Blue said:
i've only seen "ü" in one other word before, vergüenza which means shy.

for the record, agüero means omen/prediction in spanish.

Thanks for the info.

-- Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:32 pm --

raininspain said:
A ver, os explico (let's see, here's the explanation):

In any Spanish word which is spelt with a 'g' followed by a 'u', then the 'u' is normally not pronounced. Most English speakers pronounce 'San Miguel' beer wrongly, something like 'San Migwel'.

When the letter 'u' follows a 'g' and needs to be pronounced, then a dieresis (like the German umlaut) is added. Spanish orthography and pronunciation are identical, unlike English.

Other words, apart from 'Agüero' are:

ambigüedad
pingüino
vergüenza
cigüeña
lingüística
desagüe

Saludos!

Gracias.

I studied Spanish for two years, but only at a beginners level and as I said, I've never come across the 'ü' before.

So does that mean that San Miguel is pronounced 'San Migel' and the 'u' is added to make the 'g' sound like it does in 'give' rather than it doed in 'gin'?

The letter 'g' in Spanish has two different possible pronunciations, depending on the vowel or consonant that it is followed by.

It's velar before consonants and before the vowels 'a', 'o' and 'u'. 'Gamba', for example, is pronounced like the English velar 'g' in 'garden'.

Before the vowels 'i' and 'e' it's more complicated for English speakers, as it's pronounced with a fricative sound, as in 'girasol'. The sound of the 'g' here sounds as if you're spitting!

Sorry about the technical stuff!

Thanks. And the technical stuff's not a problem; I'm a linguist, though in French and German.

So 'g' and 'c' behave in much the same way as they do in French?
Although I realise there are slight differences in pronunciation.

I find languages and linguistics very interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.