Kyle Walker - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure any team could provide so many examples of game changing decisions against them. It really does seem to be a weekly thing and while you can accept mistakes a lot of ours are pretty obvious ones.

Certainly not Spurs who at times seem blessed.

Ridiculous. Do you not remember Carroll and Mendes from the halfway line? Or Gomes v Chelsea when the ball didn't cross the line, or against Chelsea where Ekotto saved it on the line and the goal was given, or when Balotelli stamped on Parker and Lescott elbowed Kaboul in the face when we lost to you guys 3-2 and neither got a red card. Or Danny Rose incorrectly being sent off at home against City.
I can reel off so many examples as can nearly every club of times where they have been cheated.
It happens. This victim mentality is ridiculous. And I say the same thing to Spurs fans too.

Crap send off - wtf?

Walker to me, clearly knew where Calvert-Lewin was - and to be absolutely fair - I thought that Walker intentionally backed into Lewin just to let him know what's what.

A foul by Walker - certainly, for me. A card - only if for persistent fouling - which in this case didn't apply.

Lewin's embelishment of the foul by grabbing his face and rolling around on the ground - disgusting.
========
For me, post review of matches should work both ways - why can't players be excused from unjust cards following an unbiased review? I like the fact that retrospective punishment can occur - but why not retrospective leniency - both sendings off in this game were totally stupid and the result of a ref who was cheritably speaking off his game - or not so cheritable - totally incompetent.

Crap send off - wtf?

Walker to me, clearly knew where Calvert-Lewin was - and to be absolutely fair - I thought that Walker intentionally backed into Lewin just to let him know what's what.

A foul by Walker - certainly, for me. A card - only if for persistent fouling - which in this case didn't apply.

Lewin's embelishment of the foul by grabbing his face and rolling around on the ground - disgusting.
========
For me, post review of matches should work both ways - why can't players be excused from unjust cards following an unbiased review? I like the fact that retrospective punishment can occur - but why not retrospective leniency - both sendings off in this game were totally stupid and the result of a ref who was cheritably speaking off his game - or not so cheritable - totally incompetent.

He intentionally backed in to prevent CL getting a run on him for the aerial challenge (, as happens multiple times every game) , nothing to do with him letting him know what's what.

Ridiculous. Do you not remember Carroll and Mendes from the halfway line? Or Gomes v Chelsea when the ball didn't cross the line, or against Chelsea where Ekotto saved it on the line and the goal was given, or when Balotelli stamped on Parker and Lescott elbowed Kaboul in the face when we lost to you guys 3-2 and neither got a red card. Or Danny Rose incorrectly being sent off at home against City.
I can reel off so many examples as can nearly every club of times where they have been cheated.
It happens. This victim mentality is ridiculous. And I say the same thing to Spurs fans too.

Rose was correctly sent off, went to ground from behind, took Dzeko's leg before making contact with the ball. Gobsmacked that one got overturned on appeal.

Yeah I do remember them. Quite a long time ago most of them. I can name twice the ridiculous decisions against us from last season alone.

Not 50/50's, not even 60/40's. Straight out bizarre decisions and non decisions. And not just the one or two a season every club cops.

You can call it victim mentality. Thats a bit dramatic in my book. I'm someone that accepts refs will make mistakes. I don't think there is a conspiracy or that the FA or refs are consciously setting out to get us. But we have been on the wrong end of so many shocking devisions over the past few years it seems a bit silly to put you hands over your eyes and pretend it isnt happening.

Rose was correctly sent off, went to ground from behind, took Dzeko's leg before making contact with the ball. Gobsmacked that one got overturned on appeal.
Disagree and so did the panel. Clearly got the ball. Also we had a goal ruled out for offside against you lot which should have stood. Swings and roundabouts because you have had a few incorrect decisions against us recently but to sugest that we are media darlings and get ref decisions and you lot are poor old city who get bullied is a joke tbh. Im not saying you're not getting bad decisions, but it happens. I'm sure you get lots of decisions in your favour too which go unnoticed by you. This is the case with all teams.

Yeah I do remember them. Quite a long time ago most of them. I can name twice the ridiculous decisions against us from last season alone.

Not 50/50's, not even 60/40's. Straight out bizarre decisions and non decisions. And not just the one or two a season every club cops.

You can call it victim mentality. Thats a bit dramatic in my book. I'm someone that accepts refs will make mistakes. I don't think there is a conspiracy or that the FA or refs are consciously setting out to get us. But we have been on the wrong end of so many shocking devisions over the past few years it seems a bit silly to put you hands over your eyes and pretend it isnt happening.
That's fine. So have we. So have other teams. Walker definitely pushed Sterling last season. I get it, it feels unjust. But at least you have said it's not a conspiracy.

Disagree and so did the panel. Clearly got the ball. Also we had a goal ruled out for offside against you lot which should have stood. Swings and roundabouts because you have had a few incorrect decisions against us recently but to sugest that we are media darlings and get ref decisions and you lot are poor old city who get bullied is a joke tbh. Im not saying you're not getting bad decisions, but it happens. I'm sure you get lots of decisions in your favour too which go unnoticed by you. This is the case with all teams.

Rags excepted !

The idea that everyone gets bad decisions is true. The idea that it all balances out in the end is bollocks.

I can't even remember who half those players are. That's how rarely spurs get contentious decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.