Kyle Walker - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's like saying you expect a player to score once or twice every single game. He was MOTM tonight, he's been great for most of the season and the reason why he hasn't stood out like he did today is because usually we have 70% possession against teams that are parking the bus. Hard to do a lot of defending or transporting the ball between lines when up against that.

It’s not saying anything like that.

What I am actually saying, is if he play against Real Madrid, put in a 9.5/10 performance, be totally dominant against his winger and most surprisingly be progressive with the ball, how can people on here be so gushing with praise for his ultra negative 6/10 performances he has been putting in all season? If he can’t put in performances like tonight, because of the shite opposition we face most weeks in the Prem, maybe he shouldn’t be playing against said shite opposition?

What I am actually saying, is if he play against Real Madrid, put in a 9.5/10 performance, be totally dominant against his winger and most surprisingly be progressive with the ball, how can people on here be so gushing with praise for his ultra negative 6/10 performances he has been putting in all season? If he can’t put in performances like tonight, because of the shite opposition we face most weeks in the Prem, maybe he shouldn’t be playing against said shite opposition?
Funny how you ignored the part where I explained why he couldn't be as dominant. It's impossible to do what he did today against teams that doesn't try to play at all. When we face these shit teams his job is to circulate the ball and to provide cover in defensive transitions. Which he in my opinion does brilliantly.
We also barely defend deep with two blocks meaning he'll also find himself isolated 1v1 with a lot of space for the ball carrier meaning he can't be as aggressive in his defending.

Funny how you ignored the part where I explained why he couldn't be as dominant. It's impossible to do what he did today against teams that doesn't try to play at all. When we face these shit teams his job is to circulate the ball and to provide cover in defensive transitions. Which he in my opinion does brilliantly.
We also barely defend deep with two blocks meaning he'll also find himself isolated 1v1 with a lot of space for the ball carrier meaning he can't be as aggressive in his defending.

I agree he can’t be as dominant against his winger because as you say, we don’t do much defending. So that’s why I asked...should he be playing week in week out in the Prem, if he is going to be ultra negative on the ball? Liverpool play against the same shite teams we play against and their right back gets double figures for assists every season. Surely if we have no defending to do, we don’t need a defensive full back?

I agree he can’t be as dominant against his winger because as you say, we don’t do much defending. So that’s why I asked...should he be playing week in week out in the Prem, if he is going to be ultra negative on the ball? Liverpool play against the same shite teams we play against and their right back gets double figures for assists every season. Surely if we have no defending to do, we don’t need a defensive full back?
Liverpools full backs are getting loads of assists because they are practically playing as wingers with at least one CM providing defensive cover for them. In my opinion Walker is vital for us even against poor teams because he doesn't lose possession and provides good cover in our defensive transitions. When we play the likes of Burnley etc Walkers job isn't to create chances or to provide loads of under/overlaps. If that what Pep wanted from our right back then he'd probably start Cancelo more often or at least sub him in when chasing goals.

I can't speak for everyone but I'd assume it's because most of us think you're assessment of his season is bollocks.

Most on here won’t ever have a bad word said against any player in the side, so I won’t lose any sleep. Every player we have is world class and nobody ever performs below the required standard.

I can’t believe anyone can think his utterly brilliant performance against Real, wasn’t levels above his typical performance this season.

Walkers been class this season, one of the few consistent performers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.