Kyle Walker newspaper story

Jeez - sometimes I despair of the human race.

Most 'normal' blokes don't even see that kind of behaviour to be able to do anything about it

I know its a rubbish defence but if you don't think like that as a bloke you sometimes can't imagine it
Well as a woman I can, and have, seen it. Don't need to imagine it. Mind you as I say I wasn't traumatised but I can understand people being traumatised.
Sorry, I hope I haven't offended anyone, that's not my intention just giving it from a different point of view I guess. :-)

I'm not arguing against you, but your reference to office behaviour can also works in reverse. As a 16 year old working for pocket money at Rank Hovis, the manager, (knowing full well what would happen), asked me to take the tea trolley into the separate women's canteen. Ladies in their 30's,40, and older, grabbing my bum, trying to unzip my pants and one even got a boob out "Fancy a kiss sweetie". A sort of new-boy ritual.
Within any group, some will be outraged, some will see it as comical.
Exactly and that last line is one of the things I was trying to get across. I should have probably mentioned about the sort of things I've heard similar to what you are describing. Sorry. I should have been clearer. :-)

So men are incapable of understanding that a woman might not want to see their dick because evolution and cultural biases?

I don't agree with the assumption that a man inherently can't understand that simply because they're a man. Again, you can't just assign morality and empathy based on someone's gender.

I agree with your second paragraph, but although some men might understand, many won't.

The first sentence sums it up though - it's not about 'seeing a dick' that's the issue. It's the psychological intimidation behind the action which a woman is more likely to interpret negatively because of the aforementioned cultural biases. Although we can imagine how that must feel, we haven't experienced it because of our gender and therefore probably aren't best placed to understand it fully.

Well as a woman I can, and have, seen it. Don't need to imagine it. Mind you as I say I wasn't traumatised but I can understand people being traumatised.
Sorry, I hope I haven't offended anyone, that's not my intention just giving it from a different point of view I guess. :-)
My wife was flashed at work a few years ago.

She still gets weirded out and feels uncomfortable about it now.

I guess it doesn't have to be traumatic to be a nasty experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.