Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a heavy tax on english players being sold between prem teams,thats a fact and you either pay up or don't buy them,thats the real world of the english game
Only makes sense to not buy.

National quotas have become a farce.

If they really put a £60m price tag on him then why the fuck weren't they starting him towards the end of the season? I understand they can ask what they want for him, and that Levy is nearly impossible to negotiate with. But no one will pay that price. I said it earlier this week, that is almost double the world record for a right back! Double!! Even if you want to say the market has changed and he is English, he should absolutely go for no more than £40m. In my opinion he shouldn't even go for 30.

If you don't sell him now enjoy a disgruntled "£60m" RB sitting on your bench.

If they really put a £60m price tag on him then why the fuck weren't they starting him towards the end of the season? I understand they can ask what they want for him, and that Levy is nearly impossible to negotiate with. But no one will pay that price. I said it earlier this week, that is almost double the world record for a right back! Double!! Even if you want to say the market has changed and he is English, he should absolutely go for no more than £40m. In my opinion he shouldn't even go for 30.

Also the question Walker should be asking Levy is "if you think I'm worth £60m, why the fuck don't you pay me the wages of a £60m player?"

Problem is mate....we just had 3 fullbacks (4 if you include Navas) leave the club on fees...every club in the world now knows we desperate for replacements....that alone adds 10mil to every transfer we look at doing. I know we didnt have room to sign any fullbacks last seasons, as we had so many already under contract but I dont think we would have had the same issue last season...We've shown our hand and teams now have all the control.

Problem is mate....we just had 3 fullbacks (4 if you include Navas) leave the club on fees...every club in the world now knows we desperate for replacements....that alone adds 10mil to every transfer we look at doing. I know we didnt have room to sign any fullbacks last seasons, as we had so many already under contract but I dont think we would have had the same issue last season...We've shown our hand and teams now have all the control.
They were all out of contract so they left,we are not desperate on the 9th june,plenty of time to buy fullbacks

They were all out of contract so they left,we are not desperate on the 9th june,plenty of time to buy fullbacks

we desperate, not in terms of time, as we have a whole summer to get it sorted but we are desperate in terms of having no starting fullbacks in the squad. Teams know we "must" find replacements and know we cant afford to walk away from our targets! Signing one or two last year, knowing we had so many on the last year of their contracts would have made negotiations easier. If I was a selling club, it isnt hard to look at our squad situation and not think I can ask a higher asking price than normal. We will fill this need but its safe to say, its going to be difficult to get good "value"....

Also the question Walker should be asking Levy is "if you think I'm worth £60m, why the fuck don't you pay me the wages of a £60m player?"

Exactly. If Walker really was fed up at the amount of rotation towards the end of the season, wants to move closer to his family, and wants a pay increase, he needs to forget the loyalty bonus and hand in a transfer request.

I agree mate and all I'm saying is that while the points you make are points they can make in negotiations, the points I make are ones we can make. I know it won't be easy but 40 or 45 should be the maximum. FWIW if we sign him I would fully expect it to eclipse the Dani Alves record but to double it is just utter nonsense.

If they're holding out for 60m I think we should just say you cost yourself 40m towards that stadium and/or a pay raise to hold on to Kane and Alli, and go sign a player just as good for half the price (i.e. Aurier, Pereira, etc)

Since around 99% of people on BM, probably more, knew at least last summer if not the summer before that we would need new FB's this season..... its incredibly naïve bordering on ridiculous to think other clubs worked it out a couple of weeks ago.

Walker is better than Jordan Henderson? Are you serious? Smalling? Yeah, he is better than Livermore but no one is paying 25 million for Livermore.

Strike that, no one with common sense should. Henderson and Smalling are better players or play more important roles. Henderson is flat out better. Smalling is arguable. But he plays a more important role. But you are right. I'd expect to pay about 25 mil for Smalling too. Just like Walker.
Considering you paid 24m for Lescott at his peak quite a few years back and prices are only going up you know you're way off the mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.