Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way things are shaping up, we are going to need to hold onto or acquire some English talent, or the squad is going to have to be smaller than Pep appears to want. Almost everyone we are looking at, other than two full backs, would be classified as foreign, so we're going to need some English blood, no?

Anyone have a rundown of the current squad details, with numbers of foreign vs English/Homegrown? Obviously, we are moving quite a few players on, but I thohti remembered that if you don't have the requisite English/Homegrown, then you have to have a smaller squad, which seems counter to Pep's desires.

Cheers!

He is worth 25 to 30 milliion. At 35 he is expensive. At 40 million you are overpaying.
If Sterling and Stones are going for 50m then getting a player at his peak at 27 years old we should be commanding a higher fee. 25 to 30m is way off the mark. A player like Henderson, Smalling, Jones and even Livermore would cost near 25m! Walker is better than all of them

If Sterling and Stones are going for 50m then getting a player at his peak at 27 years old we should be commanding a higher fee. 25 to 30m is way off the mark. A player like Henderson, Smalling, Jones and even Livermore would cost near 25m! Walker is better than all of them

Like any player, he's worth what we're willing to pay for him. Walker is one of the best defenders in the league and would seriously upgrade our defence. If Pep, Txiki and Khaldoon rate him enough to pay £50m+ that's good enough for me.

Have a look at the threads on here when Micah was at his peak. People were laughing at Walker getting in the England squad.

Their careers have gone in opposite directions since those days. I think Richards was better than Walker about 5 or 6 years ago, but for some reason Micah just went backwards and to be fair to Walker he's really kicked on and is the best right back in the league now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.