Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sterling and Stones are going for 50m then getting a player at his peak at 27 years old we should be commanding a higher fee. 25 to 30m is way off the mark. A player like Henderson, Smalling, Jones and even Livermore would cost near 25m! Walker is better than all of them
Walker is better than Jordan Henderson? Are you serious? Smalling? Yeah, he is better than Livermore but no one is paying 25 million for Livermore.

Strike that, no one with common sense should. Henderson and Smalling are better players or play more important roles. Henderson is flat out better. Smalling is arguable. But he plays a more important role. But you are right. I'd expect to pay about 25 mil for Smalling too. Just like Walker.

Their careers have gone in opposite directions since those days. I think Richards was better than Walker about 5 or 6 years ago, but for some reason Micah just went backwards and to be fair to Walker he's really kicked on and is the best right back in the league now.

Maybe, but Micah was a better defender than Walker, at his best.

Walker is better than Jordan Henderson? Are you serious? Smalling? Yeah, he is better than Livermore but no one is paying 25 million for Livermore.

Strike that, no one with common sense should. Henderson and Smalling are better players or play more important roles. Henderson is flat out better. Smalling is arguable. But he plays a more important role. But you are right. I'd expect to pay about 25 mil for Smalling too. Just like Walker.

25 mil for Smalling!

40 50 mil for a fullback is ridiculous but I fear that's going to be the rate from now on.

Luke Shaw £32m, John Stones £47m, Sterling £49m. This is English football 2017, he's worth £40m and probably the rest that levy is asking for. Rio Ferdinand was £30m in 2002, 15 years ago!
Yes. And with the exception of Sterling (an offensive player) and one time best prospect in England, the rest were grossly overpaid.

Again on a separate thread I was insulted on about this overpaying issue. I pointed out tbere were 4 teams who were perennial culprits of this overpaying. Real Madrid PSG, Rags and us. Notice who paid for all the players you have mentioned. Rags and us. IHere is the real question: Can either the rags or us get 30 million for any of the players mentioned?

Exactly! That's how you know their true value. No one will pay 30 million for any of the above barring Sterling. So in my view anything over 30 means he is expensive and probably immovably costly.

There is a heavy tax on english players being sold between prem teams,thats a fact and you either pay up or don't buy them,thats the real world of the english game

Why's Micah being used as a put down all of a sudden? People have very short memories Micah was an absolute beast in the 2012 title season until he got injured and was being linked to Real Madrid at the time. Having pace and power at right back are great attributes, you don't always have to be the most refined player to be a top full back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.