Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you pinpoint any games where his passing, for example, particularly impressed you? Because when people talk shit about Sterling I can always come up with dozens of examples as to why they're wrong.
Only going off you tube videos so I know not conclusive but there are lots of examples of some very good passes cross field to switch the play. What makes you think Pep would buy a full back that can't pass and therefore give possession away. It make no sense, after all the full backs he has worked with over the years.

So do you disagree simply because you don't think Pep would be interested in a player like that, or because you've actually seen him as a good passer, dribbler, crosser etc.?
Agree with you. I think this could be a case of Pep adapting to the league and realizing that he needs FBs with pace and good defensive attributes like winning aerial duels, tackling, picking up second balls, etc. A lot of people on this forum, including me, have watched Walker play for a long, long time and I've never ever considered him to be a player with good positional sense. His dribbling skills are non-existent and he's not particularly good at crossing. I'm not questioning Pep here because he obviously has a plan in which Walker plays a pivotal role, but that doesn't make him the best player for that position as Billy said. He might be the best fit for Pep's plan for next season, but he's not the best RB out there that we can buy. Like you said, he is great player but an average footballer. Maybe Pep wants that? Who know what his plans are for the coming season.

Not sure why people get stick for saying they don't rate Walker that highly. I'm not particularly enamoured with him either, tbh. I can see why we're in for him though, as he'll provide some much needed aggression and pace, and the fact that he is homegrown is key I presume. Personally I'd rather see us go for Fabinho, who could cover both RB and CM, and try to fill the homegrown spot elsewhere, but that's not going to happen.

Ha. Alright. Point taken.

Hmmmm. Spurs fans at your work or Pep Guardiola and his team ?

People keep going on about the h/g thing as if it's actually a big thing. It isn't. He isn't being bought because he's homegrown, he's being bought because Pep thinks he is the best player available for him in that position this summer.

I think any fan who is a season ticket holder and watches players week in week out for a good few seasons will have a pretty good idea of a players strengths and weaknesses.

If the price for walker is any thing more than £45m I don't think he is worth that much.
City should look for other options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both. I don't think Pep would be interested in a player like that and frankly, to say he can't control, pass, dribble, etc is the kind of nonsense people used to write about Raz (some still do). As I say though, proof of the pudding is in the eating. Walker's coming. Be interesting to see how opinions develop over the next 12 months.

As you know on here people make there mind up before a player arrives and rarely change they usually just dig a bigger hole for themselves.

You posted right below two posts of mine mate which could be construed as "giving stick". So i'll leave it. No worries.

Ah, it wasn't aimed at you specifically. Just the first few pages I read this morning seemed to be people getting annoyed with those questioning the move. It wasn't a criticism as such, more an observation.

Its hard but we have to try and think how Pep thinks he doesn't all ways look for a world class player for every position but he goes deeper than that to see what player best suits is tactics and how he wants a player to perform for him within the team.

Surly all so Walker can only improve under Pep is a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.