Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you think he has played well for two seasons and you don't rate him.

200.gif

Mmmm pussy

Perhaps he's peaked

Bellerin has the potential to be much better than Walker, despite having an iffy season last year.

If that is true, and I think there is a separate debate to be had. However, could you really see a scenario where Arsenal sell Sanchez and Bellerin to City in the same summer?

Perhaps it's because I've seen him destroyed by us in the past
Can I name a better RB in the Prem! No, but I think it's a position in the Prem that lacks any quality. I'd have been even more underwhelmed if we'd bought Hector Bellerin
I'm not a professional scout that's watches hundreds of European matches, but there must be better out there
I look at what Pep seemingly wants to do and wonder why he's not scouted a midfielder to play that role

I'm all for being proved wrong if we do sign him

Perhaps it's also the fact that I think football's gone fucking crazy when a team pays £40M for what I see as a slightly above average player

So we sign one of the best in our league, so sorted domestically, and supplement him with one of the best in Europe who was also a CL finalist at the beginning of the month. It's finally 2010/11 part 2, what is people's problem?

Perhaps it's because I've seen him destroyed by us in the past
Can I name a better RB in the Prem! No, but I think it's a position in the Prem that lacks any quality. I'd have been even more underwhelmed if we'd bought Hector Bellerin
I'm not a professional scout that's watches hundreds of European matches, but there must be better out there
I look at what Pep seemingly wants to do and wonder why he's not scouted a midfielder to play that role

I'm all for being proved wrong if we do sign him

Perhaps it's also the fact that I think football's gone fucking crazy when a team pays £40M for what I see as a slightly above average player

I've read this type of argument a lot in this thread. This notional idea that all the fullbacks in the league are wank and that Walker's just the best of a bad bunch. I think you're wrong, to put it simply, but time will tell. I think Pep knows better than all of us combined what he needs, and he has made Walker his priority.

To the poster who says why hasn't Pep scouted a midfielder who can play full back.
Here's your answer.
We played in vertrd full backs about twice last season it's not the way he's setting us up he wants pace and power at full back to allow the wide men to push up and attack.
Mendy and walker and Alves all can get up and get back without blowing out their arses, they relentless bomb up and down and can defend but are both dangerous on the attack.
That's why we are after these players

Bollocks. Ota and Vinny were the strongest pairing all season and Ota was our most consistent CB.

The reason Stones looked poor is because he is. Not saying he wont make it, but he has a long way to go.
Some players struggle to understand Peps positional play. It takes them out of their comfort zone and is a re-learning of the game. The more we learn as fans the more we can appreciate what Peps trying to do here. We can also see which players are not putting into practice what Pep is teaching. It's ridiculous to judge a player within a Pep team without this knowledge. The defence is learning a new trade. We are so lucky to have such an intelligent leader and accomplished defender in Vincent. He makes all our CH look good.
I will be surprised if Otamendi is playing next to Vincent instead of Stones this coming season. Also Walker, Mendy and Edison will have to learn positional play and this may take a while. I put our great start last season to Pep not confusing the players with his complex positional play. Once he started to teach the technicalities of positional play we looked a poorer team.
It's easy to think we are regressing while the players are coming to terms with basically learning a new trade. If you can't grasp the technical side of Peps play, your toast.

Last edited:
Bellerin has the potential to be much better than Walker, despite having an iffy season last year.

I think you are right probably one or two others as well certainly if you include converted wing backs like dare I say it Valencia.
However, I am willing to back the managers judgement on this and given the urgent necessity to recruit, we may have to pay Spuds way more than he is worth.

Haha thats all you come up with someone who could might be better than walker in the future
emoji23.png

Someone asked for a better home grown right back. I don't think there's much difference between them now, but I think Bellerin will go on to be a better player.

Some players struggle to understand Peps positional play. It takes them out of their comfort zone and is a re-learning of the game. The more we learn as fans the more we can appreciate what Peps trying to do here. We can also see which players are not putting into practice what Pep is teaching. It's ridiculous to judge a player within a Pep team without this knowledge. The defence is learning a new trade. We are so lucky to have such an intelligent leader and accomplished defender in Vincent. He makes all our Children look good.
I will be surprised if Otamendi is playing next to Vincent instead of Stones this coming season. Also Walker, Mendy and Edison will have to learn positional play and this may take a while. I put our great start last season to Pep not confusing the players with his complex positional play. Once he started to teach the technicalities of positional play we looked a poorer team.
It's easy to think we are regressing while the players are coming to terms with basically learning a new trade. If you can't grasp the technical side of Peps play, your toast.
Are you an academic by chance - never read so much waffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.