Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Course there is pressure, Spurs need the champs lge as much as anyone with their new stadium and their fans are equally demanding.

He pays peanut wages, extracts as much money from transfers as possible and yet they still have finished Top 3 these last couple of years. Credit where it is due they are very well run.

Do you really think Levy has budgeted on them finishing top 4? Not a chance

The Spurs fans I know are waiting for the arse to drop out of it. They know their home form is gonna fall away and one is convinced Poch will leave if they don't make top four next season.

All are saying next year is shit or bust for winning the league as they can't keep players they rate at £100m plus and pay them £50k per week whilst not winning trophies.

Realistic.

They can only get away with it for so long.

Not sure I'll ever understand the animosity towards Spurs, at least in this respect. Levy wrings every cent out of transfers that he can, and drives the hardest bargain that he conceivably can. He also keeps every player at the club on the lowest wage humanly possible. They've assembled one of the best teams in the league in the process. They're a selling club when players want to leave, but they get every penny that they can (rather than bending over and taking a hit) when it happens. And they're a holding club when players want to stay. Out of all the clubs to knock from a business standpoint, not sure why we're taking aim at them. Wasn't that long ago that we couldn't pay what other clubs could -- seems a bit raggish to snub noses at those who can't afford what we can now, but still make it work.

To each his own, though. Hopefully getting this across the line without losing Sancho or the coast of Abu Dhabi in the process.

Not sure I'll ever understand the animosity towards Spurs, at least in this respect. Levy wrings every cent out of transfers that he can, and drives the hardest bargain that he conceivably can. He also keeps every player at the club on the lowest wage humanly possible. They've assembled one of the best teams in the league in the process. They're a selling club when players want to leave, but they get every penny that they can (rather than bending over and taking a hit) when it happens. And they're a holding club when players want to stay. Out of all the clubs to knock from a business standpoint, not sure why we're taking aim at them. Wasn't that long ago that we couldn't pay what other clubs could -- seems a bit raggish to snub noses at those who can't afford what we can now, but still make it work.

To each his own, though. Hopefully getting this across the line without losing Sancho or the coast of Abu Dhabi in the process.
Fucking hate spuds nearly as much as them twats from Stretford

Fucking hate spuds nearly as much as them twats from Stretford

That's why I added "at least in this respect" to the first line. If you want to hate them arbitrarily, cause the sight of them makes the sick come up, I'm all for that. There are plenty of things I hate arbitrarily. Don't even both qualifying it. Fuck 'em. Taking aim at their business acumen, though -- while not admitting you just can't stand them -- is another thing entirely.

That's why I added "at least in this respect" to the first line. If you want to hate them arbitrarily, cause the sight of them makes the sick come up, I'm all for that. There are plenty of things I hate arbitrarily. Don't even both qualifying it. Fuck 'em. Taking aim at their business acumen, though -- while not admitting you just can't stand them -- is another thing entirely.
Had to Google arbitrarily:-) yes it is personal stems from 1981 and the years since horrible feckers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.