Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprise move but if it happens it will be because it was Walker's wish which has been respected by the club, it's a dream of every player to end their career on a high and walker couldn't have asked for a better ending of his Premier league career, as a fan it is sad to see him leave but happy for him aswell as he'd get to play with one of the best teams in Europe and a different league.

If City sell Walker, Laporte, Cancelo and Mahrez they can afford Kimmich, Kovacic and Gvardiol when you figure in what they won this year. For me the key is to hold onto Gundogan and Bernardo for another season until Kovacic and Foden are ready to replace them.

We need Kyle's speed. This is a catastrophic move imo as far as the club are concerned. Are they losing the plot???,
What if the club have no say? He’s earned the right to request to play where he wants.

And to be fair you can’t even put this in the category of us losing one of our best players in his prime, something we’ve probably only done once with Sane.

It's a tough one, you'd like him to stay - he's still amazing. But he's not in the strongest XI... he's 33... better to sell what appears to be a fraction before the right time than a season too late.

We'll take Kimmich for him.

Gutted to see him go, but he'll be 34 by the end of next season and I think the CL win is kinda mission accomplished for some of the older players, who might be looking for a new challenge. The main worry is that we've already got a long list of players that are 'leaving' this summer and I didn't expect him to be one of them.

As for the whole four CB thing, yes it's worked well this season, but ultimately, we need tactical flexibility. If four CBs becomes our only option, then that's a worry. So he'll definitely need replacing with a proper full back imo.
Agree and that's why all the fans clamouring for a quadruple or invincible season just need to take stock of where ghe squad might be at the start if the new season.
This has come as a shock to me if KYle leaves because he has been and still is immense. No doubt the German rags won't want to pay what he's worth.

It's a little bit worrying for me in that our legends Kun, David, YaYa , Vincent, Zabba all stayed 8-10 years. But we now have a group who gave been fab for 5 or 6 years all with questions over them at ghe same time (Gundo, Bernarfo, Laporte and now Kyle)

Agree and that's why all the fans clamouring for a quadruple or invincible season just need to take stock of where ghe squad might be at the start if the new season.
This has come as a shock to me if KYle leaves because he has been and still is immense. No doubt the German rags won't want to pay what he's worth.

It's a little bit worrying for me in that our legends Kun, David, YaYa , Vincent, Zabba all stayed 8-10 years. But we now have a group who gave been fab for 5 or 6 years all with questions over them at ghe same time (Gundo, Bernarfo, Laporte and now Kyle)
not really, pep is the most demanding manager in the world, when you hitting 31/32 and have done 6-7 years a change prob looks great.

It's a tough one, you'd like him to stay - he's still amazing. But he's not in the strongest XI... he's 33... better to sell what appears to be a fraction before the right time than a season too late.
Not in strongest 11? Not sure about that. Has Vincinius emerged from his pocket yet

It’s too easy to just keep him and let him go on a free at the end of his contract. The only way to stay competitive after a treble, when motivation is going to take a battering across parts of the squad, is to be comfortable with selling him. These kind of moves are essential for us. It’s not just about trying to stay hungry after a treble but also after a three-peat. 4 in a row has never been done, and it sure as hell wouldn’t be done with players that feel like they’ve completed their City chapter. City allowing it to happen so swiftly gives me confidence, if anything. They know what they’re doing.

Heard some sources are suggesting Frimpong may replace him anyone seen a decent source on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.