Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a treble, ANYONE without the hunger to go again (at City) kind of has to leave really. If he’s more motivated by another challenge now that he’s won the lot at City, then that’s fine and it’s good for everyone that he goes.
Spot on. We all love Walker but the club has to keep going. He helped city achieve so much. You can only be happy for him but still gutted a lot of quality likeable players are leaving.

Pep rebuild might just keep him fresh. That’s the only thing I am hoping for at this point.

If City sell Walker, Laporte, Cancelo and Mahrez they can afford Kimmich, Kovacic and Gvardiol when you figure in what they won this year. For me the key is to hold onto Gundogan and Bernardo for another season until Kovacic and Foden are ready to replace them.

Foden will be playing in midfield next season. He’s not going to have to wait another year

Still a top player but coming to the final few years of playing and achieved everything now, so makes sense to start looking to cash in or replace him

After a treble, ANYONE without the hunger to go again (at City) kind of has to leave really. If he’s more motivated by another challenge now that he’s won the lot at City, then that’s fine and it’s good for everyone that he goes.
This is it.

this year is going to be a transition year for us .Need at least 7-8 incomings

I don't think the club want him to go. I reckon this is Walker's call. Still, it's understandable.

He's not a guaranteed starter anymore, providing him with an exit window. He's achieved all he needs to at City; I don't think he has anything to prove. While he's not showing signs of slowing down on the pitch, his recovery ability off of it is starting to go.

This is probably his last chance to try out a new challenge and get a big contract at a different top club.
similar to Zinchenko and Jesus, albeit they’re a little younger. Club didnt really want them to go, but respected their decision and didn’t stand in their way.

I thought Walker had at least another season in him at City, disappointed he is going, but I wish him well he has been a great signing. Will be interesting to see if we bring someone in or just use Rico or Boulders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.